These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

Midi Mobilizer Wi-fi connection
by davedwards on 2011-09-21 11:27:05

The user guide says it is possible to access MIDI memos via wi-fi by enabling it's wi-fi in the iPhone Settings app.  MIDI Memo does not show up in my iPhone 3GS Settings list of applications.  Wi-fi is enabled and working normally on the iPhone.  What am I missing?

Re: RE: Midi Mobilizer Wi-fi connection
by Kneehow on 2011-09-21 14:26:52

Sorry any confusion you may have encountered: the MIDI Memo Recorder app was updated to version 2.0.1 in January of 2011.  In that update we removed (because it was quite cumbersome) the original wifi-based method for transferring MIDI files from the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to your computer and replaced it with the Export (via iTunes File Sharing) function.  The Advanced Guide on the Line 6 website describes MIDI Memo Recorder version 1, not the current version 2.

Q: How does the Export to iTunes option work?

A: After using the "Export" option in MIDI Memo Recorder version 2.0.0 or greater, sync your Apple mobile device to the iTunes app on your computer. Then in iTunes, find your Apple mobile device in the "DEVICES" section on the left side of the screen and click on it.  When the Summary page for your device appears, click on the "Apps" tab and scroll down to the "File Sharing" section.  There, find and click on "MIDI Memo" in the list of Apps on the left, and all files exported from MIDI Memo Recorder will appear in the "MIDI Memo Documents" list on the right.  To save an exported file to any location on your computer, first select the file in the list, then click the "Save to…" button below the list, and navigate to the folder where you want to save the file.

Re: RE: Midi Mobilizer Wi-fi connection
by Ira_Siegel on 2011-09-27 08:08:01

Hi. I've done all the above steps (exported files using the "Export" option, then syncing iPhone to iTunes app), but the memos/docs still do not show up in the "MIDI Memo Documents" list....it shows up empty. I ended up e-mailing myself the files via the E-mail option, but I'm wondering why they don't show up in the list.  MIDI Mobilizer version is 3.0.0. Computer is MacBook Pro. Thanks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.