These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Feedback I can't describe.
by yegrir on 2011-09-21 12:11:48

I am getting feedback from my SpiderValve MKI halfstack that I haven't had before.  I really don't know how to describe it besides a "whoosh" or "splash" sound after muting the strings of my guitar.  It only happens when I'm on a channel that uses distortion.  Any ideas?  Feel free to ask questions, I'm ashamed that I'm half clueless on this type of issue.

Things I've tried (that I can remember) - changed guitars and moved the pedalboard away from the halfstack.  I tried putting the 3 Boss pedals in the effects loop but there is a constant hum coming from the amp when it's set up that way... that can be saved for another thread unless someone knows the answer to that one.

Line 6 Shortboard MKII <--- SpiderValve HD100 MKI halfstack (input jack on front of head) ---> Boss NS-2 ---> Boss RC-3 ---> Boss PS-6 ---> Morley Mark Tremonti Wah ---> Morpheus DropTune ---> Line 6 G50

Power Supply is a T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic, this is the model I picked because it was the only power supply that supports the Morpheus DropTune.

Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions and help.

Re: Feedback I can't describe.
by Rowbi on 2011-09-21 12:59:46

disconnect all your pedals and the FBV.  so you get the same wooshing when you just use the amp?  if you do you know it's a rogue setting or a fault on the amp... if not it's something one of the external pedals is doing.

i have checked the specs of the t-rex fuel tank and it says each bank of power outputs is isolated... but sometimes some pedals don't like a shared ground with power, as the effect can transfer to that and in turn to another pedals signal path.  I's say the phaser pedal you have is the place I'd start looking too.  that could also cause the hum in the effects loop too if you're sharing a ground.  my voodoo labd pedal power plus 2 isolates every single power output which is great, and it's not an isolated group of DC outputs.

let us know how you get on

Rowbi

by yegrir on 2011-09-21 14:43:27

I'm going to check when I get home from work tonight and report back, thanks for help.

by yegrir on 2011-09-22 06:40:07

So I narrowed it down to the Boss RC-3 loop pedal.  Disappointing, especially since I can't run it through the power amp in and out on the back of the head, the noise is even louder though there.

I guess I'll have to make my way over to the Roland/Boss forum to figure this one out.

Thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.