These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Saving Patch Names/Titles.
by sean106ESP on 2011-09-23 20:23:06

Sorry if discussed and I searched the manual. I changed the names of 3 patches on my HD500 using HD Edit for my live settings I use with my Mesa Mark V. When I went to then disconnect it and move it over to my amp and start it up the settings stayed the same no problem but the names were still the preset names originally in the bank. Can ya help me figure out how to change the names? Thanks in advance.

Re: Saving Patch Names/Titles.
by sean106ESP on 2011-09-23 20:59:00

Oh and I know how to do it manually but kinda a pain Would much prefer to use HD edit to do it real fast as I make patches.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-09-24 08:12:56

Hi

Yeah - its straightforward to do.  You need to click the patch name in POD HD500 Edit until it allows you to edit the name.

When you finish (and this is the bit I guess you're missing), you must press the Enter key or it forgets what you've just entered.

Once you have changed the patch name in Edit, you must select the patch in the list in Edit and then SEND SELECTED so the POD also gets updated.

That's it.

Nick

by sean106ESP on 2011-09-24 08:55:50

Thanks will give it ago tonight. I think my issue is I know diddle about the functions at the top like SEND SELECTED and the other buttons. LOL I need to learn more about HD Edit. Will post back tonight when I move it back to my iMac. Thanks!

Also when ending or disconnecting the HD500 from the Edit program is there are formal way? Meaning like not just un plugging it or closing out that then properly disconnects the HD from the program and not mess anything up? Thanks again.

by silverhead on 2011-09-24 09:26:43

The SEND SELECTED function saves your changes to the HD device itself. Until you do that, the changes to your preset(s) are only saved in the HD500 Edit program's memory on your computer.

You should use the Exit command to close HD500 Edit program, just like any other program/application. Doing so will properly disconnect the program's usb communication between your computer and the device. Avoid disconnecting the usb cable while the Edit program is running.

by sean106ESP on 2011-09-24 20:33:21

Thank you very much all. Worked like a charm.

off topic. Just wish the manual actually came as a manual Not a PDF as it is annoying trying to read on the screen and do stuff. Plus I don't have the ink LOL to print it all out.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.