These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Moving the amp block in a patch chain?
by sean106ESP on 2011-09-24 21:23:45

Hi all. I notice or not sure if it is possible to move the particular amp model head/cab sim further back or forward in the chain? I tried using the move function and it just turns it into making it dual amps, or moves the mixer in front or back. Is there a way to move it more in back of the chain so I can put more FX pedals in the front or even move it more forward if I want more FX in back of the amp sim? Thanks.

Re: Moving the amp block in a patch chain?
by gregr on 2011-09-24 22:27:21

Simply move the other blocks either before or after the amp block.

by sean106ESP on 2011-09-24 23:55:04

Thanks Greg. I tried that.

It only allows me to fill the 4 empty blocks before the amp.....and 4 empty blocks after.

I just thought there might be an easier way of just blanking all the blcoks out and then move the amp model back 2 spaces so I can just stick reverb and delay for example.

When I put FX in front of the amp model block it does not move the amp back. I tried in HD Edit as well as manual. Thanks again.

by phil_m on 2011-09-25 07:34:19

In HD500 Edit, you can simply drag and drop effects models in front of the amp model - as many you want. Also, you can drag and drop the amp block anywhere you want it in the chain. You can actually put it after the mixer block if you want to. The only thing you can't move directly is the mixer block. It moves based on the stuff around it.

by sean106ESP on 2011-09-25 08:43:29

Really? I kept trying to move the amp block back and was getting a circle with the slash "no'go" symbol and the amp flys back to thte original spot (right in the middle). I filled up the 4 spots in front of the amp. How to I add more to bump the amp back? Thanks again.

by silverhead on 2011-09-25 10:08:25

Click/drag on the FX blocks that appear after the amp and move them to appear before the amp.

by gregr on 2011-09-25 11:16:22

sean106ESP wrote:

It only allows me to fill the 4 empty blocks before the amp.....and 4 empty blocks after.

Nah, I can put any of the eight blocks anywhere I want relative to the position of the amp (or amps).

by sean106ESP on 2011-09-25 11:30:32

It just worked. Thanks guys. I filled up 1-4 and then put one in the first slot after the amp and it moved it in front of the amp...which then moved the amp back a slot. Sweet. Thanks again!

by Ax3M4n on 2011-09-27 06:05:21

Another thing you can do is MOVE the empty FX blocks (the dots or nodes). Helpful if you don't have access to HD Edit.

I find it easier to do this than to move the Amp block which, as you describe, has a habit of best guessing where it thinks you want it.

It's most/only useful when you want two parallel paths, with a number of pre- and post- FX in each path. You found (as I did) that the POD HD is reluctant to let you add more FX to the parallel paths over what was already there. It will let you do it, but the normally intuitive control goes out the window.

Example:-

I have a patch with A and B paths.  Currently it looks like this:-

Guitar - Comp - Empty Node - Empty Node - Empty Node - A/B Splitter -

A Path - DDelay - Amp1 - Mixer

B Path - DDelay - Amp2 - Mixer

Post Mix - Empty Node - Empty Node - Looper - Output.

I would like to add an OD to Path A

I would like to add a Filter to Path B

If I create either of these effects outside the paths (either pre or post mono path) and then try to move them into the A or B path, what actually happens is they displace whatever is already there  i.e. one of the DD's will end up in the mono path. Equally if you move the Amp it will displace the DD then end up in the A/B split (removing second amp) or if you move in the post direction  it will go straight to post mix mono (removing second amp).

I know it can be done because I can see other patches.

I found that moving empty blocks does not displace FX in the parallel path. So now I move an empty block into parallel path, then just edit that block in its new position.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.