These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Pod X3 Pro driver install: Add Hardware dialog doesn't come up - driver install completes but unit is not connecting
by rmstandish on 2011-09-25 12:27:00

Just got a refurbished computer and installed Monkey/License Manager.  I've authorized the computer and can't get my POD X3 PRO hooked up.  The Driver install goes all the way through except the 'Add Hardware' dialog is never driven.  I've re-installed all line6 software and Uninstalled every USB Root Hub.  In addition, I've made sure to connect the USB to the native ports on the computer then to USB 2.0 ports on a PCI card.

The add hardware dialog is never driven and the actual driver code is on my hard disk.  Using Control Panel Line6 Audo-Midi devices does not help - it simply comes up with 'no devices connected'.

How can I drive the add hardware dialog and get my gear hooked up?  System info follows...

OS NameMicrosoft Windows XP Professional
Version5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System NameDESKTOP
System ManufacturerDell Inc.
System ModelOptiPlex GX280
System TypeX86-based PC
Processorx86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3591 Mhz
BIOS Version/DateDell Inc. A04, 2/9/2005
SMBIOS Version2.3
Windows DirectoryC:\WINDOWS
System DirectoryC:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume4
LocaleUnited States
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Time ZoneEastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory1.40 GB
Total Virtual Memory2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory1.96 GB
Page File Space3.35 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys

RE: Pod X3 Pro driver install: Add Hardware dialog doesn't come up - driver install completes but unit is not connecting
by Line6Don on 2011-09-28 11:39:59

Hey rmstandish,

I would suggest to use the Line 6 Uninstaller located at:

C:\Program Files\Line6\Tools

Make sure and only check the Line 6 Drivers box so that we leave all of the other Line 6 software installed.

Once it has been removed, restart the computer.

Upon restart, download and install the latest Line 6 Windows from the link below:

Windows Drivers 4.2.4.9:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4143

Make sure to keep the POD X3 Pro disconnected before you start the driver installer. Towards the end of the installation process, the installer will prompt you to reconnect your Line 6 Hardware, at this time connect the POD X3 Pro directly to a USB port that you haven't used before to connect the POD X3 Pro and power the unit on, then proceed to the next step of the installer. At this point in the Line 6 driver installer it should be finishing up and explaining that the next step is the windows driver installer. Proceed to finish the Line 6 driver installer, and pay attention to your windows system clock for a message display that is has found your POD X3 Pro, you then can click on the message to begin the windows driver installer, click continue anyway when prompted to.

Re: RE: Pod X3 Pro driver install: Add Hardware dialog doesn't come up - driver install completes but unit is not connecting
by rmstandish on 2011-10-07 08:58:59

Thank you Don.  I have tried this several times and I have used all 9 ports on my PC.  I just tried hooking the unit to a laptop and this did not generate the New Hardware Found wizard either.  What should I do next?

Re: RE: Pod X3 Pro driver install: Add Hardware dialog doesn't come up - driver install completes but unit is not connecting
by rmstandish on 2011-10-07 09:02:13

Sorry, forgot to mention that I bought a brand new UBS 2.0 cable and used it sucessfully with other hardware, and, that I had nothing else plugged into any USB port when working with the X3 Pod Pro.

Thanks,

RMS

by vandenwolf on 2011-10-07 10:58:50

I've just purchased a new X3 pro and I have the same problem. Line 6 Monkey won't connect. Windows XP recognises the unit as X3 pro. At the end of Windows driver install I get error message.....

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Tried uninstall/install... restart PC several times.

Regards

Degs

p.s. sorry about the hijack RMS.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.