These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

X3 Live stuttering audio with latest drivers 4.2.4.9
by msuscorpio on 2011-09-28 12:49:35

Hello, been a while since I posted here, which means my gear has been running pretty good lately!  I just purchased a new laptop (Lenovo Y460P, i7, 8GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, 6550M GPU, Windows 7 Home Premium).  The first thing I did was isntall Monkey, follwed by the latest drivers (4.2.4.9), pod farm 1.0 and gearbox.  Everything installed fine however I am getting audio stuttereing where it will play fine for a bit then have like a hiccup and freeze for a second or 2.  This happens in any program, WMP, Reaper, IE, etc.  I  only happens when the X3 Live is being used as the soundcard.  It does not happen when I am using my standard generic audio driver or asio4all.  I have gone through the guide for optimizing my pc for USB audio and followed all that was applicable to me to a T...still doign the same thing.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, no luck.   Ive searched high and low on teh interwebz, but couldnt find a solution.  I am starting to think there is a problem with the latest version of the driver as I have no problems on my desktop that has an older driver version installed, yet is running the same software.  

Does anyone have any suggestions they can give me?  I dont want to say I'm desparate, but who am I kidding?

If I cant get it to work with the current driver, can someone tell me how to uninstall 4.2.4.9 and install an older version?  How can I tell what version I have installed on my desktop?

Re: X3 Live stuttering audio with latest drivers 4.2.4.9
by TheRealZap on 2011-09-28 13:11:58

try getting slim drivers for free and it will update drivers that aren't obvious... such as motherboard and chipset drivers....

http://www.driverupdate.net/

otherdrivers like ASIO4ALL are designed to get around the real ASIO specifications... so they are not a fair comparison... or worth using if the quality of your work matters to you....

Re: X3 Live stuttering audio with latest drivers 4.2.4.9
by msuscorpio on 2011-09-29 05:12:04

Ok, I tried the slim drivers software and updated everything it said was out of date including a USB chipset driver, but audio is still stuttering when using the Pod. I really dont want to reinstall a fresh copy of windows because that would mean reinstalling a lot of software, but I'm thinking it's getting to be my only option.

RE: X3 Live stuttering audio with latest drivers 4.2.4.9
by Line6Don on 2011-10-04 13:41:45

Hey msuscorpio,

Please remove any additional unnecessary USB and firmware devices from your computer when troubleshooting this issue.

To uninstall the drivers I would suggest that you use the Line 6 Uninstaller located at:

C:\Program Files\Line6\Tools

C:\Program Files(x86)\Line6\Tools (Windows 7 location)

Make sure to disconnect your Line 6 hardware from the computers USB port before you launch in the uninstaller. Launch the uninstaller and select only the Line 6 Drivers from the check-able boxes. Proceed to uninstall the drivers and restart the computer once it has completed.

Upon restart, keep your Line 6 hardware disconnected, and proceed to download and install the latest Line 6 Windows Drivers from the link below:

Windows Drivers 4.2.4.9:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4143

Towards the end of the installation, you will prompted to reconnect your Line 6 hardware, make sure that it is turned on before you connect it when prompted. Make sure to connect it directly to a USB port and not a USB hub, extension, or keyboard of any kind, preferably connect it to a USB port on the rear of computer. Upon completion of the Line 6 Driver installer, Windows should display a message by your system clock indicating that it has detected your Line 6 hardware, click on the message to proceed to install the Windows drivers. Make sure to follow through with the Windows driver installation and click continue anyway to the message that will appear. Once this finishes, look for Windows to display another message by your system clock that your Hardware has been installed successfully.

I would also suggest to try testing it using additional USB cables and every USB port available.

If you still are receiving poor results with the latest drivers, you may follow the uninstall procedure outline above one more time, and instead of installing the latest version of our drivers, you can try an older version of them from our downloads page at the link below:

http://line6.com/software/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.