These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Something I'd like to see in Workbench
by litesnsirens on 2011-10-01 19:30:53

The ability to set up my alt tunings from within workbench.  So maybe just another tab that would show all the tunings laid out.  Then you could set up your own alt tunings without having to do the virtual capo procedure on the guitar itself.

Re: Something I'd like to see in Workbench
by guitar4u on 2011-10-02 09:17:12

You can definitely do that now!

Look at the bottom of the Workbench screen where you'll find a guitar neck laid out with 24 frets. The red dots indicate your current tuning. Click behind them (to the left) to lower the pitch for that string; click in front of them (to the right) to raise the pitch for that string.

Or, click the "b" and "#" butons above the neck to raise or lower (sharpen or flatten) all the strings at once.

Easy as that!

Standard (default) tuning:

neck.png

Altered tuning:

neck.png

Rich

by K3NTaj2 on 2011-10-02 10:25:49

I'd like to be able to "mute" the low E string and then tune to open G to play Keith Richards' parts authentically on the Stones songs my band covers.  Is there a way to do this in workbench as well?

by guitar4u on 2011-10-02 11:27:42

I don't believe you can mute individual strings but that's a GREAT idea for a feature request! Submit it

by litesnsirens on 2011-10-03 15:54:56

You can only do that when altering a guitar model, I have used the features you pointed out extensively, if you know a way to go into the alt tunings and set those up from workbench please let me know that next step.  I am talking about editing the settings in the actual alt tuning knob in work bench completely separate from any guitar models or custom banks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.