These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.
Garageband '11 and Toneport UX1
on 2011-10-02 07:34:35
After going a little back and forth with the installation, I finally got a green light from my TonePort UX1 on a Lion iMac. But upon opening Garageband - I get the following message:
"An error has occured with an installed Audio Unit plug-in.
GarageBand unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit “GearBox” by “Line 6”.
This plug-in may require an update."
Anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?
Re: RE: Garageband '11 and Toneport UX1
on 2011-10-07 10:36:20
I just checked your account... your registered device is an older TonePort UX1.
These units did not came with the ability to authorize any sort of Plug-In functionality of our amp/effect modelling insert effects from within a DAW.
Like Antonio mentioned above, you'll need to purchase a POD Farm 2.5 license.
However, one additional piece of info (in case you go forward with that decision); after you install POD Farm 2.51 software:
- It's been discovered that on the newest Apple OSX build (10.7.x), a.k.a. "Lion" the Library folder is now hidden by default.
- If you're running a Mac with Lion OSX 10.7.x, please "unhide" the Library folder by running Terminal (found in HD>Applications>Utilities).
- Then, type this: chflags nohidden /Users/Line 6
- Is the folder empty?
- If so, Control or Right Click inside the folder and select "Get Info".
- In the Dialogue Box select Sharing and Permissions and make sure the folder is set to "Read and Write" NOT "Read Only".
- Now Create a Folder Called Guitarport inside the Line6 Folder.
Run License Manager and Deauthorize/Reauthorize your computer and any Line 6 Devices you might own (need to connect the device(s), of course.
The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.