These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No indication that signal is present
by Guzzisti on 2011-10-02 17:00:22

I recently purchased a Tone Port UX2 off Ebay.  I've downloaded the most recent drivers and software but don't have any indication (no meters moving) that a signal is present.  Since I purchased it used I am worried that the unit may be the issue and I am wasting my time on software.  Should the meters on the UX2 be moving with a guitar input even if the software is not working?  I am running Windows 7.

Jason

RE: No indication that signal is present
by Line6david on 2011-10-05 17:00:17

Hi,

Am I understanding correctly that the unit is functioning correctly except for the meters?

i.e. you hear signal and the POD Farm 2 software functions correctly.

Thanks,

David

Re: RE: No indication that signal is present
by Guzzisti on 2011-10-08 07:05:45

No.  I am getting nothing.  I mentioned that I am not seeing the meters since to me that tells me I have an input issue and out an output issue (sound card, etc).  My initial thought was that the box did not work since the meters did not work (although they light up, and do some quick movement after the driver is installed), but I now see that they are assignable so rather than getting their signal directly from my instrument signal it goes to the computer first and gets a return from that, correct?

Re: No indication that signal is present
by Guzzisti on 2011-10-09 17:25:09

Installed in XP mode and have the same issues.  Am I missing something?  Once it up to date with drivers, etc and I have changed the sound card over it should be plug and play, correct?  Do I need to put it through a DAW to get sound?

RE: No indication that signal is present
by Line6Don on 2011-10-13 09:32:38

Hey Guzzisti,

Make sure that you have the most recent version of the Line 6 drivers and Monkey installed as well:

Windows Drivers 4.2.4.9:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4143

Line 6 Monkey 1.43:

http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=4223

After successfully installing Line 6 Monkey and the drivers please try removing any additional unnecessary USB and firmware devices from your computer when troubleshooting this issue. Make sure to connect it directly to a USB port and not a USB hub, extension, or keyboard of any kind, preferably connect it to a USB port on the rear of computer. Try using additional USB cables and every USB port available.

Launch Line 6 Monkey and apply any updates that are available.

Once Monkey indicates that everything is up to date, make sure and set it up as your Windows sound card, by following the instructions at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2083

Make sure and connect headphones to headphone output, or speakers to the analog outputs and turn out the output knob on the UX2.

The meters on the UX2 by default are set to display the output levels, if you would like to change this, you may do so on the Line 6 Audio-MIDI driver menu located on the Windows Control Panel.

by Guzzisti on 2011-10-13 13:49:38

Yup.  I've done all of that.  I can play back the Gearbox tutorial and hear it but still can get an incoming signal.

by Kneehow on 2011-10-14 15:57:51

You know... one thing I don't think that was ever checked: if you have POD Farm 1.12 installed (it's free for the older TonePort UX2's without requiring you to purchase a license), run it and compare your Mixer screen to the screenshot below.

If your input is not set to Instrument, that could be why...

by Guzzisti on 2011-10-16 07:29:26

Yup. Did that.  I actually am going to return to the seller since I exhausted every option I had to get a signal.  Tried in 7 and xpmode. No success in either so I am chalking it up to a faulty box.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.