These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

HOW TO SET POD X3 PRO INPUTS/OUTPUTS
by toyoyokota on 2011-10-03 00:56:13

Hi,

I've been looking through support forum's faq's etc but haven't succeeded in finding any answer so here I am.

I have a POD X3 PRO and would like record a bass guitar and a guitar at the same time.

First of all I was wondering whether or not if this is even possible…

I'm imagining that my setup would be that I hook up each instrument to each front panel input.

Then use dual tone ; Tone 1 and Tone 2 and route it to the back panel 1/4 INCH (LIVE) OUTPUTS.

I've been trying to figure out the detailed settings and have not yet been able to get sound coming out from the backend jacks… (I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the routing….)

It would be awesome if somebody can point me in the right direction or let me know if there are any kind of step by step how to's out there ??

Thank you so much in advance.

Re: HOW TO SET POD X3 PRO INPUTS/OUTPUTS
by silverhead on 2011-10-03 06:56:01

Try this setup:

- plug your two guitars into the front panel jacks as you've described

- select one input jack as your Tone 1 Input and the other as your Tone 2 Input

- in the Outputs page, set your 1/4" Live Outs to Match Studio/Direct (since you are plugging into an audio recorder). Also pan Tone 1 full left and Tone 2 full right** and make sure neither Tone is muted. Since you are matching the studio/direct sound you may also need to set the same panning and non-muting in the Outputs pages for the XLR Direct Outputs.

- select/edit your two Tones to get the sounds you want in each.

- if you are using the X3 USB interface for recording, select Tone 1 as the Record Input for one track in your DAW and Tone 2 for the other track.

- if you are using another audio interface for recording, plug your 1/4" L and R Live outputs into two seperate inputs for recording two tracks.

The above setup should provide two completely independent mono tones from the 1/4" outputs and via usb.

** The X3 has a minor bug in panning; there will be some bleeding between Tones 1 and 2 if the panner is set at FULL L and R. Back off the panner setting by one tick on each side so that it is 99% L and R. This will stop any bleeding and still leave you with an effectively full pan.

by toyoyokota on 2011-10-03 09:55:18

Hi silverhead

Thank you so much for replying.

I think I'm nearly there but still no sound coming out of the 1/4 jacks.... I trying to figuer out what I'm doing wrong...

Perhaps it's the XLR Direct Outputs as you say....

>Since you are matching the studio/direct sound you may also need to set the same panning and non-muting in the >Outputs pages for the XLR Direct Outputs.

How and where can I change these settings??

Thank you again for your kind help.

by silverhead on 2011-10-03 09:58:49

toyoyokota wrote:

>Since you are matching the studio/direct sound you may also need to set the same panning and non-muting in the >Outputs pages for the XLR Direct Outputs.

How and where can I change these settings??

It's on the 2nd Outputs page in the X3.

Pressing the Outputs button gets you to the first of two Outputs pages:

Press the 4-way Nav Left and Right to move between page 1 and page 2.

RE: HOW TO SET POD X3 PRO INPUTS/OUTPUTS
by laplayantonio on 2011-10-04 03:15:36

hello yokota

the infos you're looking after are found in the Advanced Manual:

please get the PDF 'POD X3 Advanced Guide (Rev E) - English' in http://line6.com/support/manuals/

also, get 'GearBox 3.7 User Manual (Rev C) - English', in page 2•21 you'll find info on the physical inputs on your X3Pro, and in 5•1 how to use the Gearbox 3.72 editor

line6antonio

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.