These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

GearBox not detecting POD HD
by stack45ny on 2011-10-05 13:10:23

I installed Line 6 POD HD on my laptop (Windows 7, 64 bit OS), and updated all drivers. It is recognized in my laptop's "Devices," and also in my audio editing software (MixCraft 5.2), although I cannot record with it using MixCraft. When I run GearBox, this message comes up: "No compatible Line 6 usb devices have been detected." I can use the POD HD to play through on my computer, but I purchased it for recording purposes. What do I need to do to get Gearbox to recognize my Line 6 POD HD and to be able to record using my MixCraft audio editing software? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

Re: GearBox not detecting POD HD
by silverhead on 2011-10-05 13:20:42

Gearbox is not comnpatible with the HD devices. Each HD device has its own editor/librarian. The Pod HD (bean) uses Pod HD Edit. The HD500 uses HD500 Edit, etc.

To record, connect your Pod HD to your computer via usb and configure Mixcraft to use the HD and its ASIO driver as the audio input/output device.

by stack45ny on 2011-10-05 16:30:57

Thank you very much for your very speedy and helpful reply. I am now able to record.

by silverhead on 2011-10-05 18:42:18

Great - have fun!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.