These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Vyzex Pocket Pod Editor
by tommygunn on 2009-05-06 07:35:16

Hello all from Ontario Canada, I have been trying to figure out how to get the Vyzex Editor to show all the different presets.  What I mean is this.  I can see all the user presets when I select the Edit Bank, so is there a way to show all the band and style presets the same way as the user bank edit mode.  I think that would be great if that was possible.  I will admit that after reading the Vyzex user manual I was able to load a  preset from style or bank into the editor but was supprised the round about way of doing it using the Alt key after loading it on the actual Pocket Pod first.  Don't get me wrong please I do like the editor but I think it would be great if it was able to load the band and style banks like you can with the user banks.

Thanks,

Tommy

PS....The user manual for the Pocket Pod says that we can use the Line 6 Monkey for any updates.  Well I use Monkey since I have a Variax but Monkey does not see my Pocket Pod. Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Vyzex Pocket Pod Editor
by tommygunn on 2009-05-07 10:40:02

Hi can anyone respond to my questions or have I posted in the wrong place.  If so sorry about that but hopefully someone from Line 6 will respond please.

Thank you,

Tommy

by ricksox on 2009-05-07 11:29:12

Hi,

Currently, this is the only way to do this. Vyzex is mainly supported by the developers of the software Psicraft. What you should do is submit a feature request or PM the Vyzex moderator Tony. His username is VyzexTony.

Line6Miller

by PsicraftTony on 2009-05-07 12:09:02

Hi Tommy, Hi Miller...

Actually it's PsicraftTony (not VyzexTony) and yes, I did not answer Tommy within a day of his post - I do take the odd day off every few months or so...

Tommy, I am going to private message you with access to a patch. Please check your PM's now.

Tony

by Elethiomel on 2009-05-07 16:47:37

I've just bought a Pocket POD and came to the forum to ask this very question!

PsicraftTony, could you please message me too? I'm running Vyzex 1.05 on Windows XP SP3.

Thanks!

by PsicraftTony on 2009-05-07 16:56:04

Done... How's that for fast?

by Elethiomel on 2009-05-07 17:00:57

Wow, that was fast thanks Tony!

by dlet88 on 2009-05-13 04:30:49

Dear Tony

I am having the same issue with Win XP SP3. Can u send me the patch too?

Tks in advance.

by MeanGreenLizard on 2009-05-23 18:04:16

Dear Tony,

1) Just bought a new pocket pod today and installed the vyzex editor. It crashes immediately after startup on my Windows XP Pro SP3 comp.

Would the patch be helpful to get it working?

2) I can't find any midi/audio-drivers for the the pocket pod except the standard windows usb audio device.

There aren't any on the line6 website nor does the line6 monkey offer any options for Pocket Pod.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help!

by PsicraftTony on 2009-05-23 20:24:21

Ok Green, you have been PM'ed to arrange the patch.

Line 6 Pocket POD uses the operating system supplied 'class compliant USB MIDI' drivers, which show up in Windows XP as 'USB Audio Device'. Also, the current version of Line 6 Monkey (As of May 2009) does not communicate with PocketPOD.

Tony

by MeanGreenLizard on 2009-05-25 08:27:23

Ok, got the Vyzex Editor running on Ubuntu Linux (on my 2nd HD) using Wine, a copy of the windows gdiplus.dll in the editor's win32 directory and the ALSA sound system.

On Windows XP I'm using the workaround mentioned somewhere else in this forum (deleting the MQEditPsiCraft.dll and keeping the error message window open) - it works,

somewhat... - but I still have the Visual Studio debugger coming up when clicking certain button combinations. So, a patch for this would still be welcome. (Hint, Hint... ) !

Btw, would it be possible to obtain a documentation of the structure of the l6t sound files? I'm planning to build a kind of archiving application for those files

- for private purposes. My hexviewer shows me that amp name, author and other criteria are stored inside the file, but that alone doesn't give me the

complete structure with offsets etc.

MGL

by PsicraftTony on 2009-05-25 11:58:36

Hi Green,

So let me get this straight...

1. You installed Linux and got all the appropriate drivers happening... Verrry clever...

2. You followed the 'hacker's delight' workaround posted here to run the unpatched version on Windows without the crash... You're living on the edge, man!

3. You didn't check your Private Messages to get the download for a patch that would have made the two earlier steps unnecessary.

I have to ask, are you a professor of engineering or computer science? All that resourceful and clever work to work around an already solved problem seems to indicate some kind of academic background... ;-)

Kidding aside, please check your PMs... (Hint: Under the 'Your Stuff' link above is a 'Private Messages' link).

Cheers

Tony

by MeanGreenLizard on 2009-05-25 13:44:47

Lol, no, I installed that Linux a while ago as an alternative to windows! And I did check my private messages yesterday and

have already sent you an email to the address given - it should have arrived by now unless  something went very wrong.

And no, I'm not a professor, just a modest MCPD and I built those above mentioned solutions while waiting for your reply .

But seriously, should I send another mail?

P.S.: Ok, I've sent another mail, just in case...

by PsicraftTony on 2009-05-25 15:46:19

.. And this one I just got and replied to. Apparently the first email you sent got eaten by the internet...

The patch should get you going without resorting to Ubuntu or musical DLLs... Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tony

by MeanGreenLizard on 2009-05-25 17:26:42

Thanks, Tony!

The editor now works perfectly under Windows XP.

And now for some killer sounds, muahaha!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.