These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

A suggestion regarding dual tone...
by chimp_spanner on 2011-10-09 17:26:53

I know there's the feature submission page for this kind of thing, but I just wanted to gauge reaction to the idea. Just out of curiosity really

It struck me that a lot of the time when people are using dual tone setups, what they're really trying to achieve is dual microphone. How likely is it (and indeed how useful would it be) to be able to run one amp, into two cabinet models? Surely this would save on DSP, and would make tone tweaking a lot easier as you'd not have two amps to control. So much as there's a 'module' in the chain for the mixer, there could be one for the mic and cab settings. What do we think?

Just a thought!

Re: A suggestion regarding dual tone...
by meambobbo on 2011-10-09 19:40:41

i agree!!!!

by gregr on 2011-10-09 20:42:42

Goes right along with the desire to have everything split out and available independently.  It would be nice to have the ability to have cabinet modeling without having to have an active amp/preamp model.  It would be nice to be able to mix an match preamps with different power sections as well.

by jimsreynolds on 2011-10-10 02:35:55

+1 Chimp

+1 Gregr on pre/power amp matching.

by chimp_spanner on 2011-10-10 13:56:02

Yeah I just think that it would really squeeze some extra power out of the processor in that you wouldn't have to be processing two amps with identical settings when all you need is just a second mic! I wonder if it's too late to implement this...

by litesnsirens on 2011-10-10 18:14:37

Yup I agree with both of the suggestions here.  Great ideas!!!!

by AZGdude on 2011-10-11 07:14:28

+1

Dual cabinet / mics would be a great addition that would greatly expand tone options at minimal DSP expense.

by dbun on 2011-10-11 16:39:55

+1 as well.

Dual cab/mic is exactly what I need. I've been trying to do the same thing by using the same amp model twice, with different cab/mic settings etc, however, it is very expensive DSP wise and I'm often left very restricted in what I can do effect wise.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.