These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Help! Is my Spider Jam Shot?
by mnelson_1964 on 2011-10-11 17:30:04

The tap button on my Line 6 Spider Jam started flashing very fast when I powered up the amp until I either pressed it or turned down all of the effect knobs. Then I powered it up once and it went into the Line 6 Spider Jam demo and then went to a screen that just displays "Line 6." Now I have nothing except for that display. The amp won't do anything. I have tried a factory reset with no success and now I am terrified that my amp is shot. Any suggestions?

RE: Help! Is my Spider Jam Shot?
by Line6david on 2011-10-14 15:51:35

Hi,

Try a factory reset on the Spider Jam:

Hold down the settings/tone button as you turn on the power and hold the button for 5-8 seconds.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Help! Is my Spider Jam Shot?
by mnelson_1964 on 2011-10-14 16:34:34

Thank you for your reply David, but as I stated in the last sentence of my original post I have tried to do the factory reset with no success.

I once saw a post on here about using a memory card to upload the "firmware" to my amp but I can't seem to find the link again.

I love my amp and cannot afford a new one. I'd like anyone's suggestions because Dallas is the closest city with an authorized service center and I have serious apprehensions about shipping my amp away in fear of it being dammaged beyond repair.

Thank you,

M.Nelson

Re: RE: Help! Is my Spider Jam Shot?
by Kneehow on 2011-10-20 09:39:40

I would say before going the route of a Service Center, a reinstall of the firmware is most definitely something you can try (provided you have access to a standard SD card less than 2 GB).

Here's the link to the Spider Jam 2.09 firmware install/update instructions document: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4778

If you have the time to give these steps a try, please do so. If after a successful reinstall of the Spider Jam's firmware you should continue experiencing this symptom/state, then the bad news is that the problem is much deeper than the system software realm and occurring on the hardware component level. In this case, only a repair technician will be able to diagnose the point of malfunction and offer a physical solution (replacement of a hardware component board, most likely). Let's keep our fingers crossed that a reinstall of the amp's system software/firmware will do the trick!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.