These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500 FX loop problem
by Metaldude on 2011-10-13 03:58:16

I noticed a problem with my HD500 yesterday.

I plugged some pedals into the loop that are a bit noisy, hence the reason why they are in the loop.

It's a high gain patch with the recto model.

The problem is that when I turn the loop off, the noise is still there.

You don't hear the pedals in the loop anymore obviously, but there still some excessive hum and hiss.

This is amplified by the fact that it's a high gain patch.

Isn't the loop supposed to be completely bypassed when turned off??

When I remove the loop from the FX chain the noise completely goes away, but never when it's in the fx chain.

Any fixes for this?

It does sound like a problem that could be fixed within the firmware.

I've also found that the noise gate isn't the best gate line6 has produced.

I find the noise gate in pod farm a lot better, maybe this could also be chaged in an update?

Thanks for listening

RE: HD500 FX loop problem
by Line6Don on 2011-10-17 11:12:39

Hey Metaldude,

So to confirm if I understand you correctly, you are experiencing a hum when the FX loop is inserted into your signal chain, even if it is turned off?

If that is the case, can you please try disconnecting your external pedals completely to see if the hum/buzz changes in anyway whether the FX is on or odd and let us know your results.

Thanks.

Re: RE: HD500 FX loop problem
by jimsreynolds on 2011-10-17 16:12:24

Try going into system settings and turning off 'trails'. this setting controls whether the loop return is turned off when the loop is switched out. you would want it left on if you had a delay or reverb in the loop and wanted it to trail out naturally.  The trails setting is assigned per patch so, if it fixes the problem, you need to turn it off on each patch you use.

RE: HD500 FX loop problem
by Line6Tony on 2011-10-20 17:09:56

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.