These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Spiderjam bass
by vihiman on 2011-10-13 05:31:02

I've just bought a bass, an Ibanez GARTT20B, and i was wondering if I could play it on my spiderjam amp, because I saw a setting saying "bass1" and "Bass2", and also because my bass amp is a shitty one -.-
I really love the spiderjam, and i have already jammed to lots of tracks (my favourite was the drums to "classic grunge" (smells like teen spirit)), and i have made many blues tracks and solo's, but i want to add bass to it without having to take it onto my comp and recording and puttng it together blahblah.

Cheers!
P.S i would highly recommend this amp to all guitarists.

Re: RE: Spiderjam bass
by Kneehow on 2011-10-17 11:20:58

Yes, you could input a bass and record ideas from it into your Spider Jam amp. You might not want to run Amp Modelling (then again, maybe you do!).

The only thing I can think of that you might need to be careful with might be if you have active pickups on your bass... just be aware that lower frequencies/transients might "clip" the input circuit and manifest itself as a digital peak/overload sound in the recording if you're not careful with monitoring the input signal of active electronic instruments.

But other than that, yeah... you should be fine!

RE: Spiderjam bass
by Line6Don on 2011-10-17 11:24:33

Hey vihiman,

To use the BASS1 and BASS2 you will need to connect the bass to AUX input located on the front of amp to the left of the Guitar input. I would suggest to try and roll off the bass on your bass guitar if possible, so that you do not overload and damage the speaker with excessive low end.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.