These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

TRANSFERING TONES - FROM MY PC, TO MY POD X3.....HOW?
by glenn9042a on 2011-10-14 20:05:02

How do I transfer some of the tones from PODFARM2 on my PC, to my POD X3?

I can't drag my desktop PC to every gig!  Can somebody please help?

Thank-You, and Regards.

Re: TRANSFERING TONES - FROM MY PC, TO MY POD X3.....HOW?
by johnpicton on 2011-10-15 02:17:39

Pretty sure you are going to have problems. Sorry.

The way that PodFarm2 routes the effects is not directly compatible with the X3L method of routing.

Tones created with PodFarm 1 would be fine, but not PodFarm2.

What you have to remember is that when you are using PodFarm on the computer your X3L is only acting as an interface and an authorizing device. The actual processing is being undertaken on your computer. That is why is is possible for PodFarm2 to produce results that aren't compatible with your X3L.

Regards

John

by silverhead on 2011-10-15 06:43:11

Pod Farm 2 tone files are not backwards-compatible with the X3. What you are wanting to do can't be done. Sorry.

by BigChas52 on 2011-10-15 07:53:12

The best answer I can give you is to try to recreate those tones in Gearbox. From GearBox they are easily transferrable to the X3.  Cheers.

RE: TRANSFERING TONES - FROM MY PC, TO MY POD X3.....HOW?
by Line6Don on 2011-10-18 10:27:15

Hey glenn9042a,

I would suggest that you try and save your POD Farm 2 presets with the target set to POD X3, you then can use gearbox to open these tones and load them onto your POD X3 Live.

To do so select the "Save Tone As" option and to the right of the tone's name you will see the field for "Target:", in which you can select POD X3 from the pull down menu.

Re: RE: TRANSFERING TONES - FROM MY PC, TO MY POD X3.....HOW?
by silverhead on 2011-10-18 12:54:48

Thanks for clarifying, Line6Don. I wasn't aware of the Target option PF2. I presume that PF2 creates a tone file that is directly transferable into the the target device/editor? This means it handles/eliminates any incompatibilities due to routing options that may be present in the PF2 tone that are not supported in the X3?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.