These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Studio UX2 - MIDI/Footswitch stops working.
by jordNZ on 2011-10-15 03:45:00

Hey all, was hoping someone could help me. Basically as the title suggests, the MIDI signal from my Footswitch cuts out in POD Farm 2.5, but only does so upon reconnecting my UX2 to my laptop. For example, when booting up the laptop, I hook up the UX2 after windows has loaded and it works fine. However if I disconnect the UX2 and reconnect it for whatever reason, the Footswitch/MIDI signal stops working, until I reboot the laptop and connect it again. It's like I can only connect the UX2 (and have it work properly) ONCE per each bootup of my laptop - very strange issue.

Is this behavior normal/intended? If not, does anyone know how to fix this?

It seems like a minor issue and it is in some respects, but annoying nonetheless to have to reboot my laptop/pc everytime I want to reconnect the UX2.

Running all the latest drivers for the laptop and the line6 gear - Vista Home Prem. 32bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers.

RE: Studio UX2 - MIDI/Footswitch stops working.
by Line6Don on 2011-10-18 11:03:09

Hey jordNZ,

Check the Windows Power Options to see if your USB has any sort of power saving option enabled. The Power options are available on within your Windows Control Panel.

What type of MIDI controller/footswitch are you using? are you connecting it to the UX2 or to a USB port on your computer?

Thanks.

Re: RE: Studio UX2 - MIDI/Footswitch stops working.
by Line6Tony on 2011-10-21 11:04:56

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.