These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: GearBox

iMac and Tone Port UX1
by jonas2011 on 2011-10-15 11:49:46

Hi,

I have the:

Model Name:          iMac

Model Identifier:          iMac11,1

Processor Name:          Intel Core i5

Processor Speed:          2.66 GHz

Number of Processors:          1

Total Number of Cores:          4

L2 Cache (per Core):          256 KB

L3 Cache:          8 MB

Memory:          4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed:          4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version:          IM111.0034.B02

SMC Version (system):          1.54f36

and it doesn´t work with the Tone Port UX1 that I got for the last 3 or 4 years,

it seems the problem is: Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

What can I do? How can I make it work?

Thanks,

Jonas

Re: iMac and Tone Port UX1
by jonas2011 on 2011-10-15 12:00:01

Here are the iMac and the toneport ux1 I was talking about...1600-iMac27-Quad_angle.jpgLine-6-TonePort-UX1.jpg

Thanks,

Jonas

Re: iMac and Tone Port UX1
by jonas2011 on 2011-10-16 12:02:32

When I open the gearbox, there´s always a sign flashing on the lower right corner about the USB connection, but I checked and its ok, I tried to plug in different USB ports, I reinstalled a few times, I downloaded new drivers for ux1... and nothing works...

well, I don´t know what else to do... can you help me?

Thanks,

Jonas

RE: iMac and Tone Port UX1
by Line6Don on 2011-10-18 11:58:51

Hey jonas2011,

If you installed GearBox 3.72 after you installed the latest version of the Line 6 Drivers then you most likely installed the old drivers that come bundled with the GearBox installer. So now your drivers are out of date and unable to detect the device.

I would suggest to use the Line 6 Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the currently installed drivers, it is located at:

Applications/Line6/Drivers - Driver uninstaller

Once you have remove these drivers, restart the computer.

Upon restart, download and install the latest drivers for your operating system:

MAC Drivers : 7.1.0

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4171

In addition, from the GearBox Hardware preferences menu make sure to that entry for "Launch GearBox Using:" is set to TonePort UX1. Relaunch GearBox to try using it, see if it you are still receiving a connection problem indicator at the bottom of the application.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.