These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Problem with my Spider Jam 4
by ericckostonn on 2011-10-15 13:58:26

Hello,

I have a Spider Jam 4 from 2009 and i'm having problems with the amp right now. The volume on the amp is very off. When i turn the amp model to insane the volume is loud and correct, but as i gradually turn the knob down to clean the volume decreases until it is almost impossible to hear even when the volume is all the way up. It could be a simple fix, but it is bothersome. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also as another question, I use my Acoustic Electric in the amp as well and when I play the guitar is able to get sound but when i strum too hard it clips and makes an abrupt loud noise and then goes back again. It is a Takamine G series guitar, and I have ot a clue what the issue is. Oce again any help in either of these problems is greatly appreciated.

Ben

RE: Problem with my Spider Jam 4
by Line6david on 2011-10-18 10:30:00

Hi,

It sounds like the gain staging on your presets is off. Try adjusting the channel volume on the cleaner presets and saving them with the same relative volume as the insane setting you are using.

If this is done correctly you should be able to "level" the volume between the presets.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

RE: Problem with my Spider Jam 4
by Line6Tony on 2011-10-21 10:45:15

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.