These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 pitch glide problems
by quietscience on 2011-10-15 16:00:59

I set my expression pedal to go from 0 to +12(and I save the setting) but whenever I turn off the pedal and turn it back on

It only goes up to 11.9 or so and each time I use it, the down position will end up lower and lower (+11.7, then +11.4 and so on).

It makes it pretty much useless in a live situation. Any one else having this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Re: RE: M9 pitch glide problems
by Kneehow on 2011-10-18 11:37:57

It's most likely the expression pedal (physical position).

I'll bet if you step down a bit more on the toe-down or heel-down position, the values will reach the correct minimum/maximum #'s you intially set.

It's happened to me before. The expression pedal I had lost the "weight retention" at the toe down and heel down positions. It was almost as if you'd push down to the toe-down, but physically it sprang "back" a tad bit which tend caused the M9 to back track in the value internally to the new physical position of the expression pedal's pot value.

You can try setting the maximum/minimum to the toe-down/heel-down positions but don't apply any force on the pedal. That might work.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.