These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

Master Volume control function on DT50 with X3L connected to Power Amp In
by verlew on 2011-10-16 12:33:22

I've used my X3L with a SV112 for a few years, typically inputting the X3L into the Power Amp In jack on the rear of the amp.  I then could easily control the overall volume level with the Master Volume control on the front of the SV112.

When connecting my X3L to my DT50 via the Effect Loop Return (Power Amp In) input, the Master Volume control has no function. Turning it makes no change in the volume level (although there seems to be an slight increase / decrease in background hiss / noise). The Effect Loop Level control does affect volume though.

Is this the proper Master Volume function?  (It occurs whether the Master Volume is pushed in or pulled out.)

Do I control stage volume via the Effect Loop Level control?  Or do I just need an HD unit with L6 Link?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Master Volume control function on DT50 with X3L connected to Power Amp In
by verlew on 2011-10-18 13:13:58

This is the correct Master Volume function when a DT50 is input into the effects loop without an output coming out of the effects send.

Thanks Line6 Don! 

(POD X3L should be used only as an effects modeler in conjunction with a DT50.)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.