These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

WAH Not working properly, Line 6 Floorboard
by Muybonito523 on 2011-10-20 12:45:06

Dear Line 6, I have had a POD 2.0 for over six years now, it has been awsome! I have always wondered what it would be like to have the floorboard with it so I can have volume and more importantly, WAH!

I just got my Line 6 Floorboard from zZounds and everything seems to work, Volume, stomp switchs, etc ... The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the wah pedal. I can turn it on by pressing hard on the toe like it should and I hear a change in the tone of my guitar. Howeer when I move the pedal up and down, I do not recieve a varying tone modulation like I was expecting. Read some forums about the strips not setting or being damaged. I pulled the back of the FB off and removed the strips to check them and they seem to be in working order. I did notice on the chip itself however that the one of the two recievieng crystals that the strip goes between was bent pretty far, so I gently bent it back to match that of the volume control thinking prehaps that was what was wrong. Another thing though I just found as I was taking a picture of the circuit, on the wah side, the Black Electronic piece with the three prongs has a strange extrusion from it, think it was there the whole time, maybe i i the problem. You can see it in one of the pictures bu I don't have a micro camera to get any closer. Is there any ideas on the problem?

Thank you in advanced!

-Nate

Re: WAH Not working properly, Line 6 Floorboard
by Muybonito523 on 2011-10-20 14:32:11

Allright, so perhaps I spoke too soon, I really though I had read enough of the posts about this sort've problem. Turns out that this forum had the solution

http://line6.com/support/message/131111#131111

Itis the transistor, that's what it is called lol, the one with the strange extrusion, it was toast. I found it was extremely easy to replace. Double check- but mine was a 2N4401 NPN Silicon transistor, found it at radioshack for like $1.27. Bought a sodering iron, just get that at home depot, and with not so professional soldering skills, replaced the transistor.

The end result is I got the wah sound I was looking for from the floor-board! Wish every piece of machinery was this easy to fix. Sorry for taking up another discussion slot, but thanks fo the reliable equipment Line 6!

-Nate

Re: WAH Not working properly, Line 6 Floorboard
by fflbrgst on 2011-10-24 05:38:38

Wondering why you did all this - did you buy an 'as is' board?  Should have returned it for replacement.  If it was new, you probably have voided the warranty by messing with it yourself.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.