These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Mesa - POD XT PRO
by crenatose on 2011-10-21 19:02:32

Hi, I have been using a PODXT PRO for about 3 years and I just love it. I used to run it through a Marshall MG100 and it made my sound reach another level. Last week I bought the new Mesa Boogie Transatlantic TA30 and it seems that is not working as it used to. When I connect my POD to the amp it makes a big HUM. Also, if put a channel without any effect (bypass) and put the distortion from the amp it does not sound as good as it does when I connect directly to the amp. I have tried connecting with the FX return/send but the noise wont stop. I bought new cables, since I thought this might be the problem but it was not.

So I really do not know what else to do…  do you have any suggestions?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Re: RE: Mesa - POD XT PRO
by Kneehow on 2011-10-24 10:40:14

First thing to do is focus on the PODxt Pro's outputs.

If you connect a pair of headphones to the PODxt Pro's Phones jack is the hum present in the audio signal? Hopefully not. If there is, then there could be an internal issue with the PODxt Pro. Let's establish what the case is here, first.

Second, if you're running the 1/4" output of the PODxt Pro into the front of an amp, the 1/4" output filter should be set to Stack Front.

Otherwise, if you're going into the FX Loop Return of the MESA, Stack Pwramp might be a better filter option.

There's a Ground Lift switch on the back of the rack; you might want to try flipping that switch in case the "hum" you're experiencing is a ground loop hum.

Re: RE: Mesa - POD XT PRO
by Line6Tony on 2011-10-28 09:21:04

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.