These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Better way to employ Pocket Pod's sounds for recording.
by xxpizzapony on 2011-10-22 12:24:54

Hi guys,

I'm so excited with the sounds I've created on my pocket pod and I would to use these in some production of mine.

I've already a usb interface with 2 mic xlr/line/inst inputs: at the moment I'm connecting the direct out of pocket pod at the 2 inputs (used as Line) using an Y-cable like this.

Is this the right way to proceed?

The sounds recorded with this setup aren't so exciting as usual

Thanks for the help.

Re: Better way to employ Pocket Pod's sounds for recording.
by silverhead on 2011-10-22 12:40:02

Nake sure your Pocket Pod's output is set to feed Direct (to a P.A. / mixer) rather than to a guitar amp.

To do that, follow these instructions in the manul (page 3.12):

The Amp Out on your Pocket POD can be tuned for optimal performance with a variety of

systems. By default, your Pocket POD expects to be plugged-in to the instrument input of a

combo amp or head with an open-backed cabinet. If you want to plug in to something else,

you’ll want to change the Cabinet Tuning Mode. To do this, do the following:

• Press and hold the Save and Down buttons while plugging in the guitar input.

• After startup, the display will show “Cab Select”.

• The display will show current cabinet tuning selection.

• Press the Up or Down buttons to change selection as follows:

Use Mode... when Pocket POD is... ........& your speaker cabs are...

A................ feeding a power amp input .....closed back (ideal for 4x12 cab)

B ................feeding a power amp input..... open back (ideal for 1x12)

C (default).... feeding an instrument input... open back (ideal for 1x12 or 2x12)

D ................feeding an instrument input ....closed back (ideal for 4x12)

Direct ..........feeding a recording device, mixer, live P.A., etc. .........not connected

• Press Save to store the selection.

by xxpizzapony on 2011-10-22 16:42:37

Hi silverhead, thanks for the support.

I've read the manuals yet but I'm using the DIRECT OUT, not the AMP OUT. So, these instructions works also with the direct one?

Thanks again!

by silverhead on 2011-10-22 18:59:57

Sorry - I missed that in your first post. You're right - the Direct Out should supply the same signal as setting the Amp Out to Direct. But it wouldn't hurt to try it out anyway.

If it still doesn't sound good in your recording, yet sounds good through headphones connected to the Pocket Pod Direct Out then I would suspect that the problem is in your recording setup, not the Pocket Pod. The y-cable you are using looks fine, assuming it is working properly. Can you test it independently?

by xxpizzapony on 2011-10-23 14:14:02

I haven't any other device for test at the moment but I'll do that as soon as.

In any case, for a better understanding, the sounds of my pod over the interface results less bright, always listening with same headphones or monitors.

Many thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.