These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 problems with ableton live 7 recording
by fender868 on 2011-10-22 19:00:54

Hello all!

I'm really psyched about my new Line 6 UX2 recording interface. This is the first out of studio recording I've attempted and it's mostly just so I can keep my ideas on audio. It seemed to be mostly plug and play until i decided to try recording. So first off i'd like to list that pod farm is updated to 2.51 and the ableton live version that came with my UX2 is 7. So my problem is as follows. Everything works fine. Recording even picks up whatever i am playing. Now when i play it back , it plays fine from what i can tell but the sound clips for half a second intermittently. The frequency of this is like every 2 or 3 seconds of recording time. When it does that, theres a little box with a 'D' in it that lights red when it clips. In case im misunderstood, i refer to clipping like an amp can clip when it's overloaded.

I've searched on ableton and on lne 6 forum and cant find any solution. Does anyone have any ideas ? Line 6 ?

thanks,

Brian

Re: UX2 problems with ableton live 7 recording
by fender868 on 2011-10-23 11:01:29

46 views and still no answers? Must be a tough one... I'm dyin' here boys. I can sit there and almost record, but the playback sounds like shit lol

RE: UX2 problems with ableton live 7 recording
by Line6david on 2011-10-24 16:03:48

Hi,

This issue could be related to a number of things. First check your connections.

Have you tried connecting to different USB Ports?

Are you using a USB hub?

Then try the optimizations in our USB Troubleshooting Guide:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: UX2 problems with ableton live 7 recording
by Line6Tony on 2011-10-28 09:23:44

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.