These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

No Service centers, need help!
by stikboy on 2011-10-24 10:24:56

All the authorized service centers in my area have stopped doing Line-6 work, they said they lose too much money on the service. My Spider Jam has had problems since day one, and now it's barely usable. One of the old repair shops told me that I need to have the ribbon cables replaced, and I'm pretty sure that's the issue since unseating and reseating them will let the amp work for 15-20 minutes at a time. Problem is, I can't get anyone to order the parts for me, and there isn't a repair shop left anywhere near me (or in my entire state it seems).

Anyone know how I can get these parts? I love playing with this amp, but it has been an unreliable paperweight for the last three years and I'm just not willing to give up on it yet.

-Rob

Re: No Service centers, need help!
by stikboy on 2011-10-24 10:30:34

Added note - I just got a reply from the only Line-6 repair shop left in my state - the email says:

"Rob - we still do Line-6 repairs, but unless it's under warranty we suggest you just throw it away and buy a new amp since it'll be cheaper than the avaerage Spider Jam repair."

Ugh! This is my 3rd Line-6 amp, and the 3rd one that has caused me nothing but problems. Why is it so hard to get some kind of decent customer service from this company?

RE: No Service centers, need help!
by Line6Tony on 2011-10-24 14:11:50

Rob, sorry to see you run into problems with your amp. Our service department will be in contact with you and help resolve the issue. Please make sure you complete all of your contact information in your account, including your address.

I created a support ticket for you so the service department can reach you initially. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Re: RE: No Service centers, need help!
by stikboy on 2011-10-25 06:45:39

My info has been updated, as well as a reply to the ticket explaining my inability to get this amp to work for more than 20 minutes a day and the inability to get it repaired since October 2009.

by estephens on 2011-10-25 08:13:09

Rob, please update your phone number so we can give you a call.

by stikboy on 2011-10-25 10:56:45

Phone updated.

by estephens on 2011-10-25 11:46:06

Rob, per our phone conversation, I have written Repair RMA 60001534. Please box up the unit and mail it to:

Line 6 Service Dept - RMA 60001534

3850-A Royal Ave

Simi Valley, CA 93063

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks!

by stikboy on 2011-10-25 11:57:11

Thank you for putting up with my overly aggressive anger and childish tantrums.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.