These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

How do you delete tones on Pod XT Live?
by EpiTone900 on 2009-05-07 10:07:17

Well the title says it all really.

I dont like my pod being cluttered with tones i am not using so i want to delete some of them either by using software such as gearbox, or with the pod interface.

I just cant figure out how to delete them though.

Cany anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Re: How do you delete tones on Pod XT Live?
by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-05-07 11:18:46

Well you can't delete them, you just have to overwrite them with something you do want. Not every day that someone wants less memory space.

by Bluestone on 2009-05-07 11:33:03

+1

"deleating" tones..wouldn't give you any advantage with space or speed...

But what you can do to make life a little easier for yourself...is to arrange the tones you DO use...beginning with Channel 1 Bank 1...and stack evrything up like that until you have all the tones you use..."up front"...that way you'll not have to go through tones you don't use...and all the unused tones...can live down the stack...unseen...unused...outa sight..outa mind.

I don't know how many tones you have that you like...but perhaps you'll use up the first 3-4 banks of your good stuff....and disregard the rest...

OM

by EpiTone900 on 2009-05-07 11:34:14

thanks for the reply mate. the reason i want to delete them is to keep my pod memory tidy. i get confused having stuff on there i dont want because i forget wether i actually need it for my set list or not. i just like to have the things i need at the time. its also nice to have blank ones so i know where i can definately save new tones i have created without the risk of saving over something i want to keep.

by ricksox on 2009-05-07 11:46:34

+1 to both posts.

Line6Miller

by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-05-07 12:43:26

Well in that case do as Bluestone says, arrange the sounds you need tidily. i would then create your own patch with say no amp, no cab, no effects and call it 'Spare' or something like that and copy that one patch to all the program spaces (presumably towards the end of your patchlist) that you aren't using.

by joerocker85 on 2012-05-06 16:47:50

thanks for asking..i had the same question and this post solved it for me

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.