These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Amp/speakers/monitors for bass guitar through UX2
by innitdan on 2011-10-29 09:33:35

Hi. I want to output sound from my bass guitar for jamming at home with other instruments. On my own, headphones into the UX2 are fine. I don't own any decent speakers or an amp for my bass (it's an acoustic electric) so I want to know what the best option is. I want to be able to use pod farm when playing along with others. I don't need much volume at all, but as I understand it running the UX2 out to a practice amp can cause problems, and with the frequency of the bass, standard speakers would be a waste of time. What's the best option? Computer speakers? Amp? Monitors? Sub woofer? If anyone has a set up like this please share. Open to spending a few hundred dollars to achieve this, feel free to post links to relevant products. Thanks.

RE: Amp/speakers/monitors for bass guitar through UX2
by Line6Don on 2011-11-01 11:06:28

Hey innitdan,

The best option is going to be whatever option you can afford. If you plan on only using this for bass, you will need to try and look for speakers that work better for low end reproduction:

Bass amp

large mulimedia speakers with sub woofer

powered monitors

flat frequency response amp like a keyboard/drum amp.

Mixer with larger PA speakers

RE: Amp/speakers/monitors for bass guitar through UX2
by Line6Don on 2011-11-04 11:14:35

Hey innitdan,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly.

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.