These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

New POD HD300 owner - power adapters
by jhdesign on 2011-11-01 07:21:11

Hey all.

I bought an open box demo that I don’t think it was on the floor very long but I’m going to do a factory reset today just in case it was modded.

Now, what I got in the box was 2 power adapters and the USB cable. The guys at the store were no help as they knew nothing about the POD line.

AC/AC Adapter

PX-2g; Part NO. 11-32-0005

This one is what I believe is the main adapter with a very heavy weighted square box with a 2 prong cord on one end and the input jack cord on the other end.

DC-3G

The second has a light weight box about 4 inches long and about 1 inch all round with the 2 prong plug on the end and one cord with the input jack.

So, what is this smaller adapter?

I can upload pics if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Re: New POD HD300 owner - adapters
by TheRealZap on 2011-11-01 07:24:53

do not use the PX2!!!! thats the wrong adapter... (its for the older pods and supplies AC power)

use the smaller DC3G power supply.

by silverhead on 2011-11-01 07:29:08

The DC-3G is the one you want to use for your Pod HD. DO NOT connect the PX-2G to your Pod HD. It is used with the POD X3 (and older Pods).

The difference is particularly important because the DC-3G supplies the direct power that the Pod HD requires, while the PX-2G is an AC supply.

by jhdesign on 2011-11-01 08:21:15

Thanks very much to both of you for the quick replies.

I was waiting for an answer before I used it today. Good thing as I had guessed the wrong one.

silverhead:

You had answered my questions last week about presets. Your last reply was to make sure I come back and hang which I will.

Thanks again, I’ll be back!

by DARRANO on 2011-12-11 15:24:40

Hi,im totally new to this whole thing,any I recently bought a pod hd 400 few weeks back in london,problem is I have no usb cabel o else just cant find it when Icoudlnt get it open fast enough, how can I get one please,thanks alor.

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-11 15:35:43

they use standard cables... its a USB AB cable... pretty typical for a USB printer, so you may even have one laying around.

by rockdonkey on 2012-03-07 15:47:26

I deleted my original question, so I cant respond to that post, but to whomever helped me thank you for the fast responce,returned it today, they have ordered me another HD300 from another store, it said only two in stock fingers crossed it has'nt been tampered with, should get it on friday.  cheers.

by rockdonkey on 2012-03-21 03:30:41

I got my new factory sealed HD300, this one works great.  love it.  thanks again for your help.  great support.  now if only the next firmware update had a orange amp model life would be perfect : )

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.