These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

How to hook a Pod X3 Live with a real amp
by ARockmez on 2011-11-01 08:37:38

Hello people:

Sorry if my english is bad, but i'll try to explain the best i can.
I have a Pod X3 Live and a Marshall Valvestate8080 and i love the Marshall distortion, therefore i want to use the distortion of Marshall with the effects (only the effects) of Pod X3 Live (Wah, Chorus, Delay, etc). So here is my questions: How should i hook them to use only effects of Pod and distortion of Marshall?
I have tested a few connection settings but i only get a noisy and really bad tone, and i don't know how the pedalboard output settings work because i change them and it seems to be the same. The Marshall amp have 2 channels, FX Loop and Line Out.

Thank you for helping me
Andres

Re: How to hook a Pod X3 Live with a real amp
by silverhead on 2011-11-01 08:40:04

There are two approaches:

- place the X3 in the FX Loop of your amp. Use only the X3 FX that you want - do not use an amp model.

- search this forum for the '4 cable method' (4CM). It offers more flexibility and is well described elsewhere.

by ARockmez on 2011-11-01 08:43:33

Thank you!

But how's the correct connection flux about "X3 in FX Loop of the amp"?

And what about the output settings? i don't know the difference between them to know if im in the correct option or not

by silverhead on 2011-11-01 08:54:10

Connect your guitar to the amp's input. Connect your amp's FX Send to the X3L's Guitar input and connect the X3L''s L (Mono) 1/4" output to the amp's FX Return input. For best results set your amp's FX Send output level to amp/instument (not line level).

In your X3, set your Tone Input to Guitar. You should experiment with different Live Output settings for the 1/4" Live outputs; there's no single 'correct' setting - use whatever sounds best to you.

There's actually another simple 2-cable method: you could reverse the above setup and place the amp in the X3's FX Loop. In that case, connect the X3 FX Send to the Amp's guitar input, and the amp's Line Out to the X3 FX Return. COnect your guitar to the X3 Guitar input.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.