These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD only two things are missing
by mitschalem on 2011-11-04 12:22:43

Hello,

i like the HD500 very much.

1. But as a Gear Box user i fell mostly in love with the Line 6 Lunatic Amp Model.

The combination of the Lunatic with your screamer is the best, clear, powerful, endless sutain High Gain sound, that was ever modeled.

SO PLEASE integrate the Lunatic in the POD HD 500. I would even pay for it!!!!!!!

2. The noise Gate is very, very bad. I think it would be really neccesery to update the function of the noise gate.

The gate is killing the sustain and the noise is "slowly" coming up "BEFORE" the treshhold.

You can hear a pumping effect, like when you use a compressor. But the Gate has only to shut or to open, nothing between (theoretical).

I hope you will take my ideas. This 2 things would make a real flagship in the world of the modelers...

By

Re: POD HD only two things are missing
by gregr on 2011-11-04 12:28:29

I agree, the noise gate is horrible (in the HD500, at least).  Running two, one at the beginning of the chain and one after an OD/dist model or amp model gives me satisfactory performance, but eats up an effects slot that could be useful for something else, like another EQ (yet another problematic component, often requiring more than one in a preset).

by Line6Tony on 2011-11-04 14:26:27

Hi. It's best that you submit a feature request at http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/. This is what our product managers review when looking for ideas from users.

by gregr on 2011-11-10 01:28:00

I believe I did that a long while ago.

Instead of waiting around, I decided to suck it up and get a Boss GE-7.  That simple pedal has me rethinking two of my three rigs to the point where my HD500 may be relegated to just the recording studio.

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-11 06:35:54

Normally I avoid gates on low/mid gain patches for the same reasons but I find the gates work pretty well on a high gain patch when I am using  4CM. I put two gates in:  one at the front of the chain to cut guitar/cable noise and a second just after the FX Loop Block to trap pre-amp noise coming back from the Amp's pre- amp. 

In each case I turn the decay down to zero and then adjust the threshold until the noise *just* disappears, starting with the guitar input one.   The result sounds pretty natural to my ears but it does depend on the noise levels being within reasonable tolerances. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.