These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

U-vibe setup to make it sound like a Mini Deja Vibe or NeoVibe???
by Giax1974 on 2011-11-07 10:34:34

Anyone who succeed on making the M13-M9 U-vibe model sound like a real Univibe?

I never tested a real Univibe, and from what I heard on samples on internet I really like de Fulltone DejaVibe, also I liked a doityourself pedal NeoVibe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxMSWscw9lI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrulFZQI3gA

I already tried but I didn't got close, I want to use it for slow ambient chords.

What effects can I mix in the 4 FXslots to make it sound close to a Univibe or Dejavibe?

I've read people put 2 U-vibes on diferent fx slots, others add a little phaser, others a little mod delay, also some people insert a filter before it, and others put a volume swell FXslot.

Sorry if I should tweak more, but I already spent time, and I know that combining the 4fx slots with the M13 you can do magic!

I just want to get some ideas from the experts to check if I really can get the accurate sound, before spending in a vibe pedal, as you can see I am not familiar with a real Univibe. Also surfing on internet I found not too much info about U-vibe setups and tweaking. I heard a lot of people said the U-vibe models are dissapointing, but as I mentioned before I think that combinig Fxslots maybe there is a path to get it sound close.

Thanks in advance!

Giax

Re: U-vibe setup to make it sound like a Mini Deja Vibe or NeoVibe???
by gcdef on 2011-11-09 08:00:20

The Univibe is the M-13's biggest disappointment to me.  I've never been able to dial in a good sound.  Supposedly a better model is high on the list of things to do, but I don't know when it's coming.

by Giax1974 on 2011-11-11 20:33:37

This suck, so it is true all the things i read on internet. I thought it could be matter of dialing the correct setup and mixing specific FXs to make it sound  like a real Univibe.

What should be a good vibe pedal to get for less thah $150? I dont want to pay $250 for a Mini deja vibe, I got recommended the  pickle vibe, also the cheap chicken salad (which is $30), microvibe (which sound too crispy to me) and the soulvibe. Unfortunately I cant spend $250 on a real MDV or MEga o mojo vibe...
I don't want to play hendrix, I just need a nice clean vibe sound, very ethereal and organic.

by gcdef on 2011-11-17 10:13:20

There really is no good UV pedal for $150.  The Danelectro Chicken Salad is the cheapest of them and sounds as good as all the other bugget pedals but none of them sound quite like the real thing.

by Giax1974 on 2011-11-21 09:30:24

I just picked a Soul Vibe from BBE, will test it, from what i heard and read on internet is a nice cheap choice + true bypass. If don't like it, I will have to wait to get a mini deja vibe from fulltone in the future. I also continued tweaking m13 u-vibe, couldn't get what I want. Hope the next firmware update can solve this with a better model.

by Giax1974 on 2011-12-06 20:30:27

It works fine, I liked it, it accomplished the mission... Anyway, I will like to try the new carl martin vintage Purple Moon though, or try a Mini Deja Vibe at some point.

by spaceatl on 2011-12-06 20:51:52

I got a chance to try the Blackstart HT-Modulation stomp at Winter NAMM...Really impressive to me and it does a great Vibe and a bit more...Anyway, if I needed one that would be it...a good price on those is about $240...

by Giax1974 on 2011-12-09 07:48:58

Thanks!

I kind of like the BBE soulvibe, but definetly I will get a better vibe soon...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.