These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

When fixed? POD HD Bean error in looper mode with FBV Express II
by magpie on 2011-11-07 10:52:50

As far as I know, several months have passed and Line 6 have not yet fixed this serious bug.

Are new potential HD Bean users informed by Line 6 that they can't use their FBV Express mkII in looper mode?

How could this bug not have been detected before the HD bean was released?

It's obvious that Line 6 never even tested the HD Bean in looper mode with the fbv before release.

The test team is not doing a good job here.

Discussion thread

http://line6.com/support/message/320626#320626

Line6Perry quote, August 15, 2011:

"The problem is not a hardware issue with the FBV Express MKII. It would appear to a be a bug in the POD HD Bean's current internal operating system software.

We've logged a bug for this issue for software to investigate and respond accordingly. No ETA is available at this point, but we do apologize for the inconvenience. The only solution would have to come in a bug fix of a potential future OS/firmware update via Monkey."

RE: When fixed? POD HD Bean error in looper mode with FBV Express!
by Line6david on 2011-11-09 15:37:13

Hi,

This is issue has been logged as a bug and we are currently looking into it. It will most likely be fixed in an upcoming updated to the HD series.

We cannot supply a specific time line as to when the issue will be resolved.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Cusotmer Support

Re: RE: When fixed? POD HD Bean error in looper mode with FBV Express!
by magpie on 2012-03-10 14:48:36

Hi Line6david.

We all hope that this bug will be fixed in the new HD update that is coming soon.

It's a very big problem that the looper in the HD bean can't be used properly with the FBV Express II.

baranger1 explained the problem in detail in the thread link posted above.

"When in looper mode:

1) I can only toggle on. I can't toggle off. If I hit play, and hit play again, the loop playback does not stop. same with record: if I hit record once, it starts recording, but hitting record again does not stop recording.

However...

2) If I enable half speed or reverse, then I can toggle play on and off. also, I can hit record to start recording, and hit record again to stop recording and start playback. But if I dub in, I can't dub out. And I still can't toggle half speed or reverse, I can only enable."

by BigBob369 on 2012-03-10 21:42:25

Line6david wrote:

Hi,

This is issue has been logged as a bug and we are currently looking into it. It will most likely be fixed in an upcoming updated to the HD series.

We cannot supply a specific time line as to when the issue will be resolved.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Cusotmer Support

I think we can see where the error might have come from.

Just kidding.

by magpie on 2012-03-14 12:02:09

The bug would be fixed asap if it was just a spelling error

People are buying the HD bean and FBV Express II and they can't use the looper.

It's the opposite of a a minor bug, things are simply not working as advertised.

This should have top priority and it is strange why Line6 haven't fixed it after more than 7 months.

If the looper didn't work in the HD500 I'm sure all the customer complaints would make Line 6 put a little more effort into it.

by magpie on 2012-03-22 23:05:09

Line6david, do you recommend us to contact the "fix team" with the bug info?

Perhaps it's not needed since it's already logged as a bug.

I was just wondering and hoping the fix would come little sooner if they got contacted.

I'm hoping good news will come in the 2.0 update.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.