These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Is the adapter required for mobile app?
by alexco on 2011-11-07 12:23:33

Is the app designed in such a way that it must detect the adapter to function?

Eboman asked if the app would work with a 3rd party adapter, but the response was a little hazy.

http://line6.com/support/message/321228#321228

We all presume the app is designed to work optimally with the mobile in adapter, and line6 can't be expected support other 3rd party devices.

However, it would be nice to know if the app will work (even if sub-optimally) with 3rd party adapters, or if the adapter is effectively a dongle.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the App than the hardware adapter.

Thanks

-Alex

RE: Is the adapter required for mobile app?
by Kneehow on 2011-11-09 14:53:55

The Mobile POD app can only process audio when a Line 6 Mobile IN hardware device is connected to the iDevice. So, to re-iterate... third party hardware input/output devices for iDevices won't be able to work with the Mobile POD app, sorry.

Re: RE: Is the adapter required for mobile app?
by alexco on 2011-11-09 15:33:39

Too bad...

Is there any hope for unlocking the ability to use any sound source via an in-app purchase or a pay version of the app?

Thanks

-Alex

by Line6david on 2011-11-10 11:50:29

Hi,

The Mobile POD App is included with Mobile In. At this time there are no plans to have it work with 3rd party interfaces. I would suggest you put in a feature request:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by alexco on 2011-11-13 10:22:16

I think the initial iTunes reviews fairly summarize the problems with the hardware dongle.  Hopefully this public product feedback will help Line 6 reevaluate it's approach to locking the App to the hardware.  I hope line 6 succeeds in marketing both the mobile pod app & iDevice compatible hardware, but I don't think they quite understand user's expectations or needs yet.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.