These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Setting up WAH WAH
by freiman on 2011-11-08 12:54:03

hello, can you please help me?

I need to set up a clean and a soft rock sound with wah pedal.

the normal way I have been doing it, its...I first create my sound, then I press the pedal to activate the Wah Wah, but the volume goes way up and also the sound gets too clear (too much High frecuencies)....

so I would like to learn how to do it in a way that the Wah does not affect my volume and frecuencies...

I hope I explained this well....

thanks

freiman

Re: Setting up WAH WAH
by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-09 01:42:42

Hi there

From what you describe:  It sounds like you have your expression pedal assigned to both your Wah and to your Amp Volume level.  You would therefore want to remove the assignment from the Amp Volume level.

I don't know which Pod HD you have but on the POD HD500 with HD Edit you would:

1 - Select your patch.

2 - Select the 'Controllers' section.

3 - Under 'Model':  select the amplifier that you are using

4 - Under  'Parameter': select 'CH Vol'

5 - Under 'Controller':  select 'Off'

This should remove the Wah from the Exp1 pedal.

Now, to fix the sound of the Wah, there are three things I suggest

A)  Make sure that you have selected a Wah Model that sounds best for you. The default is 'Fassel' but one of the other models may sound better. Try 'Weeper' or 'Throaty'.

B)  If your Wah is sounding 'too trebly' or with too much high freqencies:  set the 'Minimum' and 'Maximum' for 'Position' for the Wah under controllers. This sets the lowest and highest frequencies that the Wah will reach.

1 - Select your patch.

2 - Select the 'Controllers' section.

3 - Under 'Model':  select the Wah that you are using

4 - Under  'Parameter': select ' Positionl'

5 - Under 'Controller':  select 'EXP-1'

6 - Now set the 'Minimum' to the 'lowest' frequency that you want the Wah Pedal to go to and the 'Maximum' to the 'highest'.

C)  A final tip.  As default, the Wah is set so that 'Mix' - the balance between Wah-ed and unaffected sound - is 100% Wah.  Can I suggest that you turn the mix down to around 60-70% so that the tone includes some of the unaffected sound.  To my ears, that sounds a lot more natural.

If you are not using HD Edit then please come back.  Also, make sure you have a copy of the advanced guide for your POD, available here:  http://line6.com/support/manuals/

class="mcePaste" id="_mcePaste" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 133px; overflow: hidden; visibility: hidden;">

by freiman on 2011-11-09 05:42:29

thank you very much for your assistance...sorry I did not mention I am using a HD400....

can the steps above apply for it too?

thanks,

freiman

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-09 12:46:59

They should ..... I cannot see any reason why not, though I do not have an HD400 and cannot say for definite. 

The 400 has a pedal and uses the same effects engine as the 500 so it should be pretty much the same.  Any 400 users out there care to differ?

RE: Setting up WAH WAH
by Line6Don on 2011-11-11 09:25:24

Hey freiman,

How have jimreynolds suggestions worked for you? Are you still having trouble? If so, let us know the steps you have tried so far and what your results are.

Thanks.

Re: RE: Setting up WAH WAH
by Line6Tony on 2011-11-15 16:13:05

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.