These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Studio Gx and Ux2 license question
by kostas_pal on 2011-11-10 00:55:51

I am the owner of a Pod Studio GX, which I have registered and curently using with Podfarm 2.5, but I am thiking about buying a used POD STUDIO UX2. What will happen with the licenses ? Will he have to unregister the product? Will I have to use his key with my account ?

Re: Pod Studio Gx and Ux2 license question
by BigChas52 on 2011-11-10 04:50:35

The original owner should unregister the UX2.  Then you can register it to your own account.  If the original owner cannot unregister it for some reason, Line 6 can do it, but you may have to show them your purchase documentation, such as a receipt.

Licenses that are attached to the hardward, such as POD Farm will transfer with the UX2.

Note that any model pack keys that he purchased, and wants to transfer with the sale, should be transferred by the original owner to your account using the "gift" function.

Re: Pod Studio Gx and Ux2 license question
by kostas_pal on 2011-11-10 06:07:12

thank you for your reply.

but i have the following question, turns out the ux2 device was registered on 2/1/11 before podfarm 2 was even available.

i am currently using the gx device with the podfarm 2 version, will the podfarm2  be compatible with  with my new ux2 device?

thanks in advance,

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.