These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Amp Changes Modes By Itself?
by digitallife on 2011-11-10 05:01:22

I have this interesting issue with my Line 6 Spider IV 75 Amp…..  When I’m playing in whatever amp model (mode) - the amp will change automatically.  For example - if I was playing in Metal it would change to Clean without me doing or touching anything.  I’ve also reset the amp back default and I’m still having the issue.  Any help or direction greatly appreciated.

Re: Amp Changes Modes By Itself?
by fflbrgst on 2011-11-10 06:22:49

Do you have an FBV controller plugged into it?  Have you done a firmware update to ensure you have the latest version?

RE: Amp Changes Modes By Itself?
by Line6Don on 2011-11-14 11:14:42

Hey digitallife,

If you are playing at loud volumes the problem could be related to model select knob slightly moving. This can be caused when you use a preset on the amp, the physical location of the knobs is ignored and the preset is loaded. If you are playing loudly it is possible that vibrations caused by the low end could make the model select knob move, when it does the amp model will snap to wherever the physical knob is set to. This can be fixed by parking the knob at either 0% or 100% and reloading your preset.

If you are still having trouble, check your connections between your FBV controller and your amp, look to see if the FBV ports are damaged at all. You can also try replacing the CAT5 (Ethernet) cable with a fresh one.

Let us know your results.

Thanks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.