These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

I'm seriously jonzing for an upgrade....How bout you?
by daveschutt on 2011-11-10 05:40:56

It's been a long time...There's been lots of great suggestions for tweaks, minor changes, improvements.  It would be a good time with the holiday season fast approaching.  I've got my 2 front teeth so how about a firmware upgrade for my HD for Christmas?

Re: I'm seriously jonzing for an upgrade....How bout you?
by hollis1003 on 2011-11-10 06:02:51

You are not alone.  But I would say that this is the first time that I would contimplate not upgrading right away.  I am very satisfied with the sounds I have right now and I'm playing in a band rehearsing every week.  If the update changes the sounds (and volumes) of current amps I may have to redo all my presets, which would be a hassle.

I'm sure an update is coming but there is no way they will be able to fix/upgrade/add everything that has been suggested. 

by hansvaneven on 2011-11-10 06:16:09

You're not allone

by AZGdude on 2011-11-10 07:19:18

100% agreed. 6+ months between updates is a ridiculous amount of time when your product still has a lot of rough edges. Hopefully Boss, Digitech or someone else will soon come out with a more polished product forcing Line 6 to improve support for the HD line up.

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-10 08:34:47

by pratikb on 2011-11-10 14:34:44

Amen to that

by meambobbo on 2011-11-10 19:30:58

i'm wanting one but fearful it will disappoint.  it doesn't seem like we'll get another for a while...

by Rowbi on 2011-11-11 01:32:37

who knows.... usually when we least expect it, a nice chunky fat update gets announced/released.

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-11 01:37:56

Well assuming I am getting my 1.4  FW tomorrow then ... please, please, please Line 6 can you make sure that my charisma boost feature request gets priority.  EQ can wait.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-11 03:17:50

+1 on hoping the Charisma Boost feature makes it into the next update Jim.  That would be great

I believe the next update will have the Instant Talent feature enabled though. 

Lord knows I've been needing that one for a while now

by DeanDinosaur on 2011-11-11 04:10:17

Funny you should mention that. Yesterday I was thinking if they would ever make some sort of mechanical hand that you attach to the guitar neck via a bar that attaches to the neck with finger close enough to the strings so they can press on the frets and slide down the bar based on some midi file (or something else) that's loaded in the brain of the mechanical arm. It comes loaded with finger simulation from Eric clapton, Tony Iomi (leather fingers), etc and you can buy finger packs addon!  How's that for a talent boost. It will do to guitarists what drum machines did to drummers.

For now I think it's about time for some models packs. Line 6 has to dish out some more metal amp options, it's time to bring some of the usual suspects from the X3 (extacy, Soldano, VHT,...)

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-11 05:07:31

The mechanical hand thing reminds me of a real-life mechanical contraption that used to clamp on the neck and fret chords for you. 

It used to be advertised in the back pages of the now defunct and somewhat infamous UK Sunday newspaper The News of the World  in the sixties and seventies as I recall along with a load of other slightly whacky inventions like 'the Big Slipper' (which was a thing for keeping both feet warm when sitting for long periods - you just treated it like an oversized shoe into which you could slip both feet whilst sitting in an easy chair) ; the blanket with sleeves which was again designed for when just sitting watching TV; the 'Cut your Own Hair' device; the TV Screen magnifier which was used to magnify old-style small monochrome TV screens (it was a hollow glass 'lens' which had a convex front and the whole thing hung over the front of the TV.  You filled it with a light transparent oil or three coloured oils of different consistencies - starting with the heaviest: brown through green and maybe pink to blue at the top, which kind of gave a primitive impression of being color TV LOL).

Bring on the whacky inventions, they are fun if nothing else 

by spaceatl on 2011-11-11 06:34:51

Worst Invention Ever

by Apologist on 2011-11-11 07:19:10

Talent Sim.jpg

by Apologist on 2011-11-11 07:19:53

My fav control option is the Genuine Modesty level lol... =)

by JaworIwanow on 2011-11-11 07:41:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WcsV7hQ1V4 the Valknöt would be a great addition ^^ But I'm totally with you on the upgrade subject

by mmurph on 2011-11-11 10:05:34

That is fantastic- I laughed until I cried!

Mike

by mmurph on 2011-11-11 10:06:34

There's what I need- they'd sell a ton of these. That's just great!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.