These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD edit problem.
by jaketackett on 2011-11-12 14:00:53

So i am new to the Edit software and i am running into a simple problem.

When i try to add reverb to my sound i click on the reverb and i can turn everything up all the way but nothing happens. My Pod HD300 is connected and i can mess with my screamer and drive of the amp but nothing happens to the reverb.

This may be really simple but i just can't get it. I've tried to fix for like the past hour.

and is there a way to not to limited to what effects are on each effect in Edit? like if i want 3 screamer right in a row ( not like that's what i'm going for) can i do that? Am i limited to each menu of effects on FX 1, 2 and 3?

Thanks -Jake

Re: Pod HD edit problem.
by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-12 14:21:56

Hi Jake

The HD300 has all the effects of the HD500 but (like the HD400) you are very limited in the order that you can have them and using multiples of th same effect.  One of the big reasons people go for the HD500 is to get that flexibility.  So yes, what you see on FX1/2/3 is what you get I'm afraid.

I don't think you can actually turn the Reverb off on the 300 so I think that the only reason I can think of that you might not hear it if is the Reverb Mix control is down at 0%. Try turning it up to 100% and see if you can hear it, then back it down to a suitable level.

If after turning it all the way up you still cannot hear the reverb then it may be that there is a firmware glitch on the unit. That being the case, it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware using Line 6 Monkey on a PC.  This is pretty easy normally.

Re: Pod HD edit problem.
by jaketackett on 2011-11-12 14:51:57

Thanks man! i was afraid of the FX's being like that.

and it's odd. Like the reverb only doesn't work on a preset that i saved. I'm messed with all the knobs and stuff and nothing. i'm going to check the firmware and make sure it's up to date now.

Thanks for the help!

RE: Pod HD edit problem.
by Line6Don on 2011-11-15 10:00:26

Hey jaketackett,

JimReynold's answer above is correct. If all of your questions have been answered please be sure to mark as 'Helpful' or 'Correct Answer' to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers, to close out the thread as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

If you are still having trouble with the reverb on your preset, please attach the preset to this thread so that it can be reviewed to help find the issue.

Thanks!

Re: RE: Pod HD edit problem.
by jaketackett on 2011-11-16 07:20:50

I am still having this problem. I have the preset on my computer but i am unsure of how to attach it.

This problem only happens sometimes, just sometimes i will make a tone and the reverb will work and other times it won't.

I am trying to figure out how to attach a tone with this problem.

Re: RE: Pod HD edit problem.
by Line6Don on 2011-11-16 08:12:58

Hey jaketackett,

To attach a file to your post, hit the reply button located to bottom right of the previous post.

The box will appear allowing you to type a response, click on "use Advanced Editor" located to the upper right of this box. This will take you to a new page, at the bottom of the response box you will see the option to attach files. Click on the browse button and find your tone and attach it.

If it doesn't happen consistently, do your best to come up with some steps that reproduce the problem so that we can try and encounter the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks.

RE: Pod HD edit problem.
by Line6Don on 2011-11-21 09:21:29

Hey jaketackett,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly.

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.