These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

No ability to jam with itunes library very misleading statement from line 6.
by minoskritikos1 on 2011-11-13 04:15:39

Title says it all

Re: No ability to jam with itunes library very misleading statement from line 6.
by TheRealZap on 2011-11-13 05:53:51

you can jam with whatever you want....

what statement are you calling misleading?

do you have a specific issue? perhaps we can help you sort it out.

Re: No ability to jam with itunes library very misleading statement from line 6.
by VinnySem on 2011-11-13 15:39:54

Do we have to switch between apps to jam along with iTunes music?

Other apps load the song from iTunes, this is the paradigm iOS users are used to.

RE: No ability to jam with itunes library very misleading statement from line 6.
by Line6Don on 2011-11-15 11:27:43

Hey minoskritikos1,

To play iTunes along with the Mobile POD app:

-Launch iTunes app and select song you want to hear, start to play song.

-Launch Mobile POD with Mobile In connected, audio playback from iTunes will fade out as app launches.

-After Mobile POD finishes loading, double press home button, and then scroll to the left to and press the iTunes play button to resume playback and jam along with the song.

Re: RE: No ability to jam with itunes library very misleading statement from line 6.
by VinnySem on 2011-11-15 11:30:54

You're kidding, right?  

That is weak. I guess my Mobile In is going back infavor of the Apogee.

Re: RE: No ability to jam with itunes library very misleading statement from line 6.
by jkuhnel on 2011-11-16 11:24:09

I don't see why this is such a big issue; iOS 5 is set up to maximize its performance so it will automatically pause certain apps to run others.  Your music is going to pause because your iPad thinks you just want to hear yourself playing guitar with Mobile POD; all you have to do is start your music the same way you would switch to any other app (by double-tapping your home button).  Why would you want a completely different program playing your music when you already have a music app designed to do just that?  This leaves Mobile POD to only model amps and effects which is really what you purchased it for in the first place.  When using Pod Farm on a PC you have to open Media Player or iTunes to play along with a song so it should come as no surprise that Line 6 has designed Mobile POD to act the same.

by minoskritikos1 on 2011-11-17 18:27:49

Sorry but compared to other guitar apps that offer buikt in suites for jamming some with pitch and speed manipulations then really what youre suggesting is painfully crap. Also if you look at the mobile pod picture on the line 6 website youll notice that on the bottom right of the app it says jam. I thought i would have that choice within the app not having to tap dance in and out of itunes. Poorly designed no matter how you look at it.

by silverhead on 2011-11-17 18:32:29

Sounds to me like you should return it and get your refund.

by minoskritikos1 on 2011-11-17 18:32:30

Sorry it doesnt say jam, it has a musical note icon that is absent from the real app. Thats misleading cause that suggests a jam functionality.

by minoskritikos1 on 2011-11-17 18:34:21

Havent bought it yet mate still not available in uk. Gutted i cant use it with io dock or apogee jam. Still havent decided if line 6 are worth my hard earned sixty quid. Not really convinced so far

by silverhead on 2011-11-17 18:36:15

VinnySem wrote:

You're kidding, right?  

That is weak. I guess my Mobile In is going back infavor of the Apogee.

Sorry - maybe I misunderstood.

by minoskritikos1 on 2011-11-17 19:08:38

Wow the ability to jam statement has been removed and replaced by a vacant spot. I gues i have to retract my statement now as line 6 is no longer misleading you into thinking the app has a jam functionality. Instead you can use ios5 tap dancing to enter in and out if itunes. Oh wait crap im using ios4!! Something about problems with io dock.

by juanmoulinho on 2011-11-24 12:47:18

Unfortunately i never noticed them removing the jam part either. I have been fooled too. And foolish enough i dit order it at that time.

by tokirby on 2011-12-03 20:04:26

Nope, tried to double click home button and switch apps. Mobile in sound fades when iTunes starts up, and iTunes sound fades when Mobile in sound starts. Not usable to jam with iTunes. Has nice sounds solo but this gets old and not what I bought this for.

by hsix on 2011-12-13 13:50:54

Amen.this is a weak 'workaround' tmho and way behind competition. Seemed also obvious to me this functionality was 'standard' as a daily gerarbox user for many years.wrong again. Had too much faith in line6, but another upgrade opportunity?!

by rondug on 2012-01-25 15:58:39

I suggest the Line6 software developers look at JamUp Pro from Positive Grid LLC.  It's a great jam along app that can accept input from MobileIn. However it uses its' own effects which are not as good as Line6.

Line6 developers PLEASE fix your sofware so it is much easier to jam along with backing trackings outside of iTunes.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

by Line6Tony on 2012-02-03 08:54:14

Folks, I encourage you to leave your feedback and requests at our official Product Feedback page: http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/. Thanks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.