These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

KB37 MIDI issue
by TerraExcessum on 2011-11-14 14:37:53

Hi folks. I'm having problems getting my KB37 to work as a MIDI controller. It was fine up until about a week ago and I can't work out what has changed. I usually use it with Zeta+2, but now I load it up, try to play and get nothing. I tried activating it in the MIDI tab but a popup appears saying "Error opening MIDI device, device might be in use".

I'm still learning my way around this new fangled piece of technology they call a computer, so any suggestions as to where to look would be hugely welcomed.

Re: KB37 MIDI issue
by Triryche on 2011-11-14 15:02:21

Check to make sure your drivers are current.

Run the newest version of the Line6 Monkey.

http://line6.com/software/

Doesthe Monkey see the KB37 and are there green ticks for drivers/firmware?

by TerraExcessum on 2011-11-14 22:34:12

Hi Triryche.

Yep. The ever-wise Monkey tells me that the drivers are all up to date and all the appropriate green ticks are there. I treid re-installing the most recent driver but that hasn't helped.

Re: RE: KB37 MIDI issue
by Line6david on 2011-11-15 14:59:02

Hi,

This does sound like a driver related issue. What other devices do you have connected to your computer that use MIDI?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: KB37 MIDI issue
by TerraExcessum on 2011-11-15 22:30:32

Hi David.

My KB37 is the only MIDI device I use.

by Triryche on 2011-11-15 22:38:10

Robb,

I have never used Zeta. Are you running this as a standalone or as a VST in a DAW?

by TerraExcessum on 2011-11-15 22:41:52

I usually use it as a vst in Cubase 5 but it can also be used as a stand alone. I've tried a couple of MIDI programs and they all come up with similar reasons for not doing anything so it must be something to do with the KB37. (I assume...)

by Triryche on 2011-11-16 06:05:12

Havre you tried this in Reaper by any chance?

If you haven't, (and I know it is a pain) maybe you could run the trial version as I can confirm the settings in Reaper.

by TerraExcessum on 2011-11-18 11:46:22

Apologies for the delay. I had a couple of days out of the house for a change!

I've never used Reaper. Once I get a few minutes spar I'll get the trial and have a look.

In the meantime, if anyone else thinks of anything, all suggestions are thoroughly welcomed!

by TerraExcessum on 2011-11-20 02:36:14

Hi Tryryche.

I installed the trial version of Reaper and managed to get my KB37 to work in it, so I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Zeta which has worked for that as well. It looks like all my MIDI programs just forgot what controller I'm using, so I'm going to do the same thing with those as well and hopefully all will work out fine...hopefully.

If not, I know where to come for more help. Thanks very much

by Line6Tony on 2011-11-23 08:59:10

With the KB37 working in Reaper, and it looks like Zeta, you may have some configuration issues to work out on your system. With that, we will mark this thread answered.

by FingerKingJack on 2012-01-13 03:05:48

Hi Tony,
I got the Line6 KB37 just after christmas, and I've been struggling ALOT with it since plugging it in.
my biggest issue is that:-
1. I can't get it to work on Reaper (which is my preffered software).
I keep just getting a very unhelpful message saying that the MIDI input could not be opened.
Now and I don't know this is a problem with Reaper or the KB37, but if you could shed some light on it that would be great.

2. I'm getting to grips with the Ableton LiteLive software, but the delay inbetween the time it takes for me to hit my strings and it to register on my PC is incredibly off putting.
I've turned the MS Latency buffering down as low as it can go without making my guitar sound like a frog vomitting.

Once again, if you could help me out here at all, that'd be great

by Triryche on 2012-01-13 05:28:01

FKJ,

Post a new thread and mark it as a question.

Since this thread is answered, it is virtually invisible to official Line6 reps.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.