These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: JM4 Looper

Is there a successor for the JM4 in sight ?
by Geertdv007 on 2011-11-15 03:46:13

I'm about to buy a looper.  The JM4 is there since several years.  I cannot find an answer to the question of Line 6 is to come out with a new model.  My eye is now on the Boss RC-300.  Any reason I should wait for Line 6 ???

Re: Is there a successor for the JM4 in sight ?
by Rowbi on 2011-11-15 04:07:20

Line 6 do not give out information about their future products.  So essentially no there's no news on a replacement for the JM4.... you will only know if/when the replacement has arrived and not before.

What is it about the JM4 that you think needs updating?  perhaps saying will mean the things you want might be put into a future product :-)

I hope this answers your question

Rowbi

by Geertdv007 on 2011-11-15 04:31:56

Thanks Rowbi,

Connecting 2 guitars or voice & acoustic guitar without the need of a AB-switch would be nice.  I probably assume that a new model would incorporate more amp-sounds and effects.  And using the JM4 is great to excercise, I read, but unreliable on stage ???  I think for me it's about the fear to buy a product and then to see a newer model hits the market.  Maybe I'll take a look on the 2nd hand market... or buy the Boss one.

Thanks again for your help !

Geert

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-15 05:44:07

find one that meets your needs NOW and go for it... there will ALWAYS be something new around the corner...

i picked up a second hand boss loop station recently and it's got be a little loop addicted, so i'd love to see a new line6 looper as well... but i'm not patient enough to wait... and have my basic needs/wants covered now...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.