These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

SWITCH SETLIST WITH FOOTSWITCH ?
by chapter3 on 2011-11-15 12:51:25

I'm in a coverband and I need to use lots of presets.

64 presets in a setlist is not quite enough ...

I know how to switch setlists with the knobs next to the display... but this means "manual" intervention.

It would be nice to be able to switch between to setlists by  per exemple pushing the left chrome footswitch (with arrow up) for a couple of seconds to get into the next setlist.  Or is there already a possibility to do so in another way ???

Re: SWITCH SETLIST WITH FOOTSWITCH ?
by silverhead on 2011-11-15 13:10:12

Sorry - the only way to switch setlists is manually like you describe.

But the concept of setlists is exactly that - surely you don't play 64 songs without a break? Maybe you can arrange your setlists so that you don't need to switch sets between breaks.

by phil_m on 2011-11-15 13:19:14

Well, you can change setlists with an external MIDI controller, but not by just using the footswitches on the POD itself.

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-15 13:40:20

How about a cable from Midi Out to Midi In on the HD and a Bank Change message assigned to a footswitch?

....  hey, just thinking out of the box

by phil_m on 2011-11-15 13:46:57

That might actually work! The only downside is that you'd have to make that assignment on every patch you wanted to access it from, but if it works, it would be a neat workaround.

by chapter3 on 2011-11-15 14:08:08

I already use the midi out for controlling my Digitech Whammy pedal...

Surely it can't be that hard  for Line6 to program this feature for a software upgrade ?

Re: RE: SWITCH SETLIST WITH FOOTSWITCH ?
by Line6david on 2011-11-15 14:15:16

Hi,

If you would like to see this changed in a software revision you could put in a feature request:

http://line6.com/company/contact/customer_feedback/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-15 15:00:21

In the wrong country tonight but might give it a try on Thursday.   I guess you could assign the change to FS4 on patch 16D ...

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-15 15:14:01

Looks like the DIgitech has MIDI out too.  Daisy chain the two then a set them up to listen on different MIDI channels. It might even work!

OK,. admittedly more fiddly than if there was a bank flip on the floor but tbh I cannot see there being a big demand to change set lists by foot so it may be worth trying.

RE: SWITCH SETLIST WITH FOOTSWITCH ?
by Line6Don on 2011-11-18 16:34:14

Hey chapter3,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly.

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.