These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Line6 Monkey can't connect to Server
by Duis on 2011-11-16 03:51:24

Hi,

I've never had any problems with this but i haven't used the monkey for quite some time now. So i reinstalled the line6 monkey on a fresh system and since then i haven't been able to connect to the line6 servers to authenticate.

Things i've tried:

Switching off the firewall

Routing around my proxy server (direct connection)

My System: Win7 connecting from Germany using Line6 Monkey 1.43

I've attached a screenshot with the error message.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Line6 Monkey can't connect to Server
by Rowbi on 2011-11-16 04:16:46

just a thought.  you mention you use a proxy, so I'm assuming you are using a university/college or work network perhaps?  When you bypass the proxy do you actually get internet access?  as I know here where I work (and I maintain the proxy servers and firewalls) if people try to bypass the proxy they can't access the internet... etc.

Just a thought anyway.

also, how about your AV protection?  have you tried disabling that? 

let us know how it goes

Rowbi

by Duis on 2011-11-16 05:55:19

It's a linux server in a private network which i use to filter internet traffic or for file sharing (runs 24hours). I get direct access to the internet if bypassed.

I do not use AV protection on this computer.

I installed the drivers and the gearbox software manually.

If i start the monkey it also tries to connect to the server (if i'm correct), which goes smothly without delay.

Here's another screenshot showing the strange version conflicts (apparently i'm from the future):

loginfailure2.png

by Rowbi on 2011-11-16 06:16:01

well the fact that it thinks the newest driver version is actually an old version, I'm not 100% sure it is connecting to Line 6 on startup.  It sounds like you're technical, so hows about looking in your firewall logs to see that the connection from monkey to LIne 6's server is getting through ok or whether your firewall isn't seeing the traffic (thus indicating it's a PC problem)... or seeing the traffic pass thus suggesting it's not a PC problem.

by Line6Tony on 2011-11-17 16:45:08

The newest version is what was stored in Monkey last time it hit the server. We don't have any other suggestions other than try to connect from a different network, unfortunately.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.