These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Model packs disappear(
by CrAZy_funny on 2011-11-17 09:04:37

Hello.

I have the next question. When I bought my TonePort UX2, I have activated all model packs, but a few days ago I've tried to connect my device to notebook, and when I try to activate model pack with License Manager, License Manager displayed me, that I have only one activated model pack - FX Junkie. Can you tell me what happened? I think that model packs don't have restrictions for a time, and if i have them  it is - forever, until I disactivate them.

Thks.

Best regards.

Re: Model packs disappear(
by TheRealZap on 2011-11-17 09:09:12

i would guess due to your single post count... that maybe you had an older line6 account...

if thats the case loginto the license manager with that account and you should be on your way....

Re: Model packs disappear(
by CrAZy_funny on 2011-11-17 09:15:21

I connect to License Manager with that account, may it has a sense to create new)) but i doubt.

RE: Model packs disappear(
by Line6david on 2011-11-17 10:15:42

Hi,

+1 to Zap,

It looks as if there was never anything ordered under your current user name. Is it possible that you might have had another account at one point?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Model packs disappear(
by CrAZy_funny on 2011-11-17 10:28:14

I have only one account.

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-17 10:28:59

did you buy the device used?

by CrAZy_funny on 2011-11-17 10:31:57

yes, but then I activated them for this account and everything was ok, when I try to install to notebook POD Farm and try to update model packs it said me to upgrade my monkey, only FX Junkie was found with License Manager, then packs disappear in POD farm at home PC,

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-17 10:42:21

that's the problem... the model packs belong to the original owner...

you can contact them and ask them to gift them to you...

otherwise you will have to buy them.

by CrAZy_funny on 2011-11-17 10:47:09

but before all was alright, when I bought device, i create account, register my device and pack became available, they were available for 3-4 years, and then disappeared, why??

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-17 10:50:09

the license manager is new...

before the license manager the licenses were stored on the device.

after the license manager the licenses are tied to your user account....

specifically the user account that purchased the licenses.

by CrAZy_funny on 2011-11-17 10:59:46

this not so easy, i bought it on ebay.com and don't have contacts of this person now((( very sad situation(((

RE: Model packs disappear(
by Line6Don on 2011-11-21 11:04:12

Hey CrAZy_funny,

If you are able to find contact info for the person who sold you the UX2, you may use the instructions at the link below to transfer the license to your account:

http://line6.com/account/licenses/instructions/

by Line6Tony on 2011-11-23 10:12:12

One of the previous owners of the UX2 bought model packs and used them with the UX2. Even though the UX2 was later sold to someone else, who then sold it to you, the licenses remained with the original person's account. You were able to use those licenses that did not belong to you or the UX2 until you used the License Manager, and the licenses were returned to the original owner.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.