These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Charging iphone while using Mobile In
by berniedexter on 2011-11-17 19:30:23

I'd love to buy the Mobile In, but the obvious question to me is; If you're using the 30-pin connector to run the Mobile In, are you completely at the whim of the iphone's battery length? What if the battery runs out in the middle of a session or a gig? Can you charge the phone/ipad whle you're using Mobile In?

Re: Charging iphone while using Mobile In
by minoskritikos1 on 2011-11-17 19:34:56

Have a look on places like ebay they sell chargers which plug into your idevice and have a female 30pin connector on the bottom so you could plug in an apogee jam or mobile in while the auxillary battery charges your idevice up. Havent tried this myself so this is only theory.

Re: Charging iphone while using Mobile In
by AdInfinitum on 2011-11-17 20:18:20

Some would say not having a 30 pin connection for charging would be a design flaw, but I'm sure the Line 6 defenders here would say it is a "feature.".

RE: Charging iphone while using Mobile In
by Line6Hugo on 2011-11-18 08:21:06

By design, there is no way to charge the idevice when the Mobile In interface is connected. You can try one of the devices the Minos Kritikos suggested, although we have never tested this.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.