These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

stutter when changing patches
by grimm26 on 2011-11-19 07:02:28

I fired up my HD500 for the first time last night (headphones only so far) and the amps and effects are a definite improvement over the X3.  In addition to a couple things that I've mentioned in other threads, there is a "stutter" when changing patches.  Like a triplet of hitting a cut switch on and off.  Is that par for the course?

Re: stutter when changing patches
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-19 07:26:08

I wouldn't say it was normal, no.  Are you simultaneously connected to your computer and POD HD500 Edit when this happens?  i suspect you might be

Nick

by grimm26 on 2011-11-19 07:38:46

Yes, I was.  I was using hdedit to go through some patches quickly from customtone.  So that's the culprit?  I guess that makes sense.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-19 07:44:15

HD500 Edit acts as a buffer and remembers your settings when you make a number of different patch edits.   I think it is the most likely culprit here, but just double check that the HD500 doesn't stutter when you don't have it connected to your computer

by grimm26 on 2011-11-19 13:00:32

Yep, that was it.  Without being hooked up to my laptop, patch changes are normal.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.