These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

iLok license does not work
by PimSchilperoort on 2011-11-20 08:23:01

Hi Technical Support,

I bought Pod Farm 2 Platinum with an ilok protection. I synchronised my license to the ilok and on my ilok account the POD Fram 2 Platinum is displayed.

Every time I start up Pod Fram 2 Platinum a message appears that the license is not found and that Pod Farm will run in demo mode. For several times I desposited the license to the ilok website and synchronised again. Up to now no success.

What's going wrong?

Thanks,

Pim.

Re: iLok license does not work
by TheRealZap on 2011-11-20 21:02:54

are you trying to run the plugin?

by PimSchilperoort on 2011-11-20 23:23:22

The plug in version does not work properly because the images are messed up on screen. See: http://line6.com/support/message/329899#329899

Idon't believe that problem has anything to do with the iLok problem. The problem as I described above occurs when I want to run Pod Farm 2 as a stand alone application.

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-21 03:56:21

i've not tried with pod farm 2.5... but previously the ilok versions were PLUGIN ONLY....

which may be why the standalone reverts to the trial version....

by PimSchilperoort on 2011-11-21 04:10:09

Thanks RealZap! I bought PF2 as an update on PF1 which runs fine as standalone. Besides, in authorized devices my UX2 is recognized.

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-21 05:36:41

that's the problem then...

you can't have an ilok AND a line6 license on the same computer... one license will always be ignored...

if you bought a pod farm 2 ilok license... thinking it would upgrade your UX2 license...

unfortunately it won't... the only way to upgrade the UX2 license is direct from line6.

by PimSchilperoort on 2011-11-21 06:31:51

So... Line6 has a database of all the products I purchased and does not warn the ignorant customer? I bought an update for PF1 but no information at all about the limits? On the package is no sign of a warning. This sucks.

The other problem with the messed up graphics (which makes PF2 impossible to work with) is not solved either.

Conclusion: you can buy a software update but there is no promise it will work and secondly there is no promise  the graphics will be displayed correctly. Smells dirty...

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-21 06:37:35

the ilok is its own thing... and you have to buy a 50$ ilok to use it...

always surprises me that people try to get that rather than the license direct from line6...

especially now that the line6 license will work without the line6 device with version 2.5

the ability to use pod farm without a line6 device used to require an ilok and was commonly purchased by those running a studio or some other situation where they had a different preferred interface...

i know it's not very clear... as far as the packaging etc goes...

i'm certain that support can clear things up for you and give you a hand with the distorted screen.

by PimSchilperoort on 2011-11-21 07:05:09

I bought the software and ilok at the same time in a guitar store. No warning - no sign on the package. How can Line6 expect the user to 'read between the lines' when there are no lines?

About the messed up graphics: support did not give any reply yet. The posting was made on october 15th... Do I have to say more?

Sad.

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-21 07:14:42

yes i just looked... and the reason they didn't respond is that they never read it....

a minor detail that's easy to miss... but your post was not marked as a question...

this means that support regards it as user discussion and never even reads it....

that detail is at the bottom here: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

idon't know the answer to the question...

but reposting it marked as a question should hopefully get support to chime in.

as for buying the boxed pod farm and ilok....

you aren't the first user with this concern... and i can agree that its confusing...

i'm only trying to let you know what i know...

RE: iLok license does not work
by Line6Don on 2011-11-23 08:31:40

Hey PimSchilperoor,

The graphic problem you are experiencing can be fixed by removing all versions of POD Farm 1-2 from the computer using the Line 6 uninstaller located at:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Line6\Tools (Windows Vista/7 location)

Make sure to select all the entries labeled POD Farm from the list, do not select the other Line 6 applications or drivers. Once POD Farm as been uninstalled, restart the computer.

Upon restart, download and install POD Farm 2.51 from the link below:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4147

As the for the iLOK, it can be used to authorize the stand alone version of POD Farm 2.51, however it will prompt you to assign an audio interface. If you start POD Farm 2 stand alone with a iLOK and a POD Studio/TonePort interface connected, it will look to the Line 6 device for the License, not the iLOK. To use the iLOK license in combination with a non licensed POD Studio/TonePort interface, you will need to load the POD Farm 2 plugin within a DAW, you can then assign the POD Studio/TonePort interface as the audio interface for the application.

by Line6Don on 2011-11-29 15:19:10

Hey PimSchilperoort,

This thread is being closed due to lack of response within 72 hours. If you still have questions or are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread and mark the discussion as a question. To do so you can follow the link below and Ask a Question:

http://line6.com/support/community/support/

Formore information about using the Online Technical Support System please review our FAQ at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.