These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Spiderjam volume problem
by decca on 2011-11-21 04:41:30

*** PLEASE NOTE. THIS IS A DIRECT QUESTION TO LINE 6 SUPPORT. IT IS NOT FOR THE COMMUNITY.

Hi. I have a Spiderjam which I bought 3 years ago and it is now showing problems with volume. I only use it a couple of times a week and never at high volume levels.

The problem is that whilst playing the guitar,or recording from my drum machine,whatever,the volume mysteriously goes down and then comes up again after a few seconds. For instance. Whilst recording a 3 minute drum pattern from my drum machine,the volume dips 3 or 4 times. The volume doesn't drop down completely,but there is a considerable reduction in volume. For further information,when I record onto the s.d. card and put it on my computer the reduction in volume can be clearly seen.

Also,to give you as much information as possible .It doesn't happen all the time,but happens on all inputs. Could you please reply to my E-mail directly as I haven't used the forum recently,and am not that au fait with accessing replies.

Thank you,Derek

RE: Spiderjam volume problem
by Line6david on 2011-11-21 14:55:47

Hi,

Try this:

power down the spider jam and turn all of the knobs but the master volume down to 0. Turn the Spider jam back on (It will sound normally. i.e. it will not know that you changed settings on the knobs)

Now try playing and see if the problem occurs.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

RE: Spiderjam volume problem
by Line6Don on 2011-11-28 10:29:48

Hey decca,

This ticket is being closed due to lack of response within 72 hours. If you still have questions or are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread and mark the discussion as a question. To do so you can follow the link below and Ask a Question:

http://line6.com/support/community/support/

For more information about using the Online Technical Support System please review our FAQ at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.